Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used their IKs?

Looking for a used IK for my GF and am striking out, can get one of their boats used but know little about them.

Anyone got a line on a good deal for an affordable IK?

Thanks in advance

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
get a tributary tomcat. i got one last year and absolutely love it. super stable boat, but thigh straps are pretty much mandatory. only around 600 new. i know someone with a zoik. they suck. cheap pieces of crap i hear

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah, Tributary Tomcat's are pretty standard for rentals (at least around me), so maybe you could buy one from a rental fleet.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would really like to find a used trib. I stumbled across the zoik during my search. Not too stoked about the 1 year warrenty on the new one, makes me question the longevity. But, I have a set of 5 year trib cat tubes and they are still perfect.

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
33 Posts
I looked into the same thing a year ago...couldn't get any info from someone that has used Zoik boats. I've used the Tomcat Solo and it's nice for the price. You can find cheap, barely used Zoiks/Tomcat tandem on the Gravity Play website. They are used in adventure races.

Adventure Xstream Adventure Race Series

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a good deal on a new Toncat Solo ($499 new) so I pulled the trigger.

Now I need to buy her a paddle......

Thanks for all the feedback, confirmed what I was thinking.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope, I got the full size solo. the lv would be fine for my GF but I want to play with it a bit too. got it from an outfitter who had a few he hadn't put into his fleet and wanted to unload em.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We just wanted to jump in and provide some info. The RF's, our whitewater IK's, have a 5 year warranty and are built with a triple seam construction and are blast to paddle. If anyone has any questions regarding our service or quality feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] or call us at 303.656.ZOIK. Happy Paddling!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts