Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I dont personally know much but all the people in my paddling group say they're the shit. Also, I think they look sick.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
One of the clear creek raft guides/safety boaters, who also took part in the Black Rock race, paddles a Zet. During the freestyle tour, specifically at the Mountain Games, a handful of paddlers have Zets. That would be the ideal time to track one down and see if you can take it for a spin.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I've heard nothing but positive things from people who've used them. I thought about buying one last year but the price seemed excessive to me. $1400 + shipping last I checked and they're only offering a 2 year warranty in the US.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Zet boats are fantastic. The plastic is the best I have seen. They have some sort of secret formula for it, and from what I have seen it doesn't seem to be BS.

They are light boats, too, because of the variable thickness plastic moulding techniques they use, but also because the outfitting is basic, but very effective. The seat is made from closed cell foam, and is held in by way of a simple and strong diamond shaped structure.

Sometimes the Zets are criticised because of how basic their outfitting looks compared to the fancy Dagger and Wave Sport stuff, but it is very effective, strong, and very light. The foam seat has the added bonus of being warm as well. It is very well thought out. The hip pads are height adjustable as well, which I haven't seen in other boats.

The only criticism I would have of it is that the thigh grips aren't the best shape, and some people need to mod them to get them to fit well.

Minimal holes in the hull, and I believe you can also order a version with a foam footrest that eliminates the remaining bolt holes on the side of the hull and also shaves another kg off the weight.

I recently ordered a Veloc as I am very light. I love it. A few friends own Raptors and they wouldn't use any other boat now. They are quite fast and slalomy, really hold speed through turns. I know this all sounds a bit Kool Aid, but they really are delight to paddle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts