Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sponsoring Vendors
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Curious to see what type of frame set up everyone is running on their 16' rafts for multi day trips....especially on the Grand Canyon. Pictures greatly help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
388 Posts
ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1459489297.344152.jpg its a work in progress. Picked up the cooler, chicken line, Pacific River bag, and some other stuff today. Maybe tomorrow il get the spare oar rigged and the leashes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
410 Posts
16' rig

Kiwi boat, has 6 chambers plus floor, never finished with it but here's configuration after 3.5 years... Big old box holds motor, there's a transom and jackass that snaps onto rear frame cross member but not shown. Four bay "handrail frame" (and proud of it - means I can adjust rails to fit different coolers/dry box/ etc.), cooler fits in front of dry box and I sit on it to row. Holds as much as any 18', has two Grand trips and 4 Cat trips on it. Southco latches for front hatch. Have spent WAY too much time on it, but nobody making what I wanted when I built it (six months later saw a MadCatr frame and that's what it mostly closely resembles - sides disassemble and everything breaks down into pieces this old man can move around easily - even the monster box weighs in at 56#). Footwell is width of 50 cal ammo, side or "captain's" boxes have same capacity as three 20 mils (rocket boxes). If I had to do it again I wouldn't, learned way too much about working with aluminum (way less fun than wood).

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts