Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to support the construction of the October hole but can't make the fundraiser it's still very possible to help. You can buy tickets and give them to friends or just hang on to them. By calling Oskar Blues.....303-823-6685....you can use a credit card and the proceeds will go straight to a bank account for construction. If you prefer to write a check then please email me directly [email protected] . I'll give you the information on who to write the donation to and where to send it. I can make sure that a tax receipt for the charitable donation is sent back to you in either snail mail or email format. All the enthusiasm for this hole construction has been great. Let's all pull together and get this last piece to the puzzle placed then I'll see you on October 31 2006 throwing the rudest McNasty Colorado has ever seen.

·
Registered
245 Posts
any chance this would qualify for the non-profit status that would allow companies to match personal donations? what is the code, 501-?? could double some contributions...?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redbeard...It's a 501c3. I don't know enough about accounting to say. Do you know? Anyone else know how this works. We really need all the help we can get to get this hole built. Thank you

·
Registered
70 Posts
We are a non-profit organization so any donation is tax deductible. Its no different than donating to Goodwill or the like. We have all the necessary documentation to provide you for your own records. Our group is called the Lyons Youth, Parks and Recreation Association and we have the letterhead you will need for proof come tax time. We have already done this with alot of the donors.

Hopefully this answers your question if not let me know.

[email protected]

I'm no accountant but I do know that you are allowed up to a certain amount (I think it is $500) without a receipt. We have both a Federal and State Employer Identification number so it is all legit. Either way will provide the necessary documentation you will need just in case.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Papa......Is that what you were suggesting Redbeard? Or were you describing some way to double up an individuals contribution??? Please let us know if you see a way to make contributions more effective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts