Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You get invited on a 3 week Grand Canyon kayaking trip and you give notice to your room mate that your moving out, so that you can spend your rent money on the trip. At least I have a van to crash in, by the(any) river, when I'm done with the trip. Gotta go with the flow. Atom....

·
God Amongst Men
1,993 Posts
we all do what we gotta do to answer the call.....

hey, just look at it this way: it'll give you new ground to cover if you decide to make another kick ass DVD!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Private trips on the grand are a rare and beautiful thing. If you have to sacrifice a bit do it! You can always get a new apt, or job, but you might never have another chance to spend 3 weeks in the canyon! Yahoo, I'm excited for you!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Atom,
I respect your level of commitment..
Therefore if you need a place to crash in Ft Collins, I have a really nice couch..

·
Registered
15 Posts
YOu see the carnage of Katrina but you still wish you could have surfed the wave coming out of Lake P. as it flooded new orleans. Sick O me o maio filet gumbo!

·
Registered
132 Posts
You know you're adicted to boating when you sit in the hot tub and try to form features in the flow from the jets, using your hands as rocks....

·
Registered
274 Posts
- You get to a run late, to find snow & ice on the ground, icicles hanging from tree branches, and ice forming at the edges of rock outcroppings, but decide a night run in 20-some-odd degree weather in January is better than missing the water altogether.

- You lie to your boss about gynecological problems so you can have lots of "doctors appointments" from week to week.... ironically, most of those "appts" occur during precipitation events that'll bring up a couple of decent waves.
(sidenote: Don't ask why I wasn't in the office between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. today :D )

- A friend sends you a postcard from Niagara Falls, and the first thing that pops into your mind is "I'd pay a whole $5 spankin' bucks to see someone run that"-- followed by a few moments eyeing the postcard to pick the best line.

·
Registered
156 Posts
you know you're an addict if...

... you think a PFD and booties satisfy the requirements of "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
...you drive from denver to westwater with one car and bikes for shuttle on the remote chance it might not be completely frozen over on Dec 20.

...you NEED a 5th creek boat.

·
No seas pendejo
122 Posts
when....

the smell of damp, mildewed clothing brings happy thoughts.

·
Registered
274 Posts
.... or to continue B's thought, the mingled scents of sunscreen, neoprene, woodsmoke, and the river have a very aprhrodesiacal quality for you.

(Maybe this one applies more to us gals though?) ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
You know you are addicted to kayaking when, it's February, snowing, 22 degrees out, your girlfriend is seducing you, and you still push her aside, dig out your kayak from under the snow, and go boat class 3..

·
Registered
246 Posts
...on every bridge, you slow down, get in the right lane and strech your neck so you can see the river down there.

...your whitewater equipment costs more than your car.

...you're offended the kayak clips on "Sports Disasters" are actually guys throwing down in a hole.

...you think beer is drinkable if it is cooler than your armpit.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You go paddle the Deckers section of the S.Platte @ 55cfs walking back to rerun the "drops" and have fun doing it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts