Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where you just get your ass kicked because you are not on your game no matter how hard you try?
I was on the Big S Tuesday and had my F- game going, rolling all over the place and ( I am embarrassed to say this) swam the ledge after cool world and just never feeling good in my boat.

Have you ever had one of those days ?
Where you make a glorious comeback like Kurt Warner and everything from that recent bad day is lost and forgotten. Went back up to the Big S on Thursday and had a great day styling Fantasy Flight, Cool World, and Melt Down. Felt good enough to run DT, but wanted to keep the good day garuanteed.

You got to love those days and that makes kayaking such an awesome sport

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Although not paddling on your level, definitely happens frequently. Gotta love it when you're not on, feeling the cobwebs, then get on the water and have an awesome day.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I need that day to come!!! I swam out of the big one on OBJ about a month ago (first swim in 12 yrs.....I know....LONG over-due)....and now I'm kinda gripped, more than is necessary.....I NEED one of those days to get back "on it".

Planning on BS next weekend (can't this weekend).....I'll hopefully feel it after FF. If not....I'll prob. be walkin' the next big 3.

Wish me luck....and good fortune. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hear ya man...... I should have bailed after finding myself fuzzy side down in pinball wizzard on Sunday.... but then things got way better...... until the ledge at the bottom of Cool World. River karma for sure put the smack down on me there, little side surf action to the center rock, back into the hole I went . Then some serious body surfing action. Nice work getting back up there and stomping it.... I still need to.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Again, not on the same level, had one on lower boulder, left me with a broken paddle and nothing left to warranty. The ensuing swim was mild though considering it was in a IV+, or so they say.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ya that happened to me on OBJ i missed every boof and swam after the 8 footer... i know right then i just called it a day knowing that the big one would not go. then the next day i styled every drop and had the sickest lines ive ever done in my short life of 15 years. i think its good to have that happen everyonce in a while so you dont get ahead of your self and get put in your place.

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
Your enthusiasm made me smile. Thank you. How's the trek panning out? Could we get a halftime report?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your enthusiasm made me smile. Thank you. How's the trek panning out? Could we get a halftime report?
Trek is going great, I think I am closer to the end than a halftime report. I am at 23 stretches and will probably finish with 25, unless I get home while the NF and SF of the crystal are running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts