Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey buzzards, anyone seen any srceamin deals on coolers this spring? I'm ready to drop the big bucks on a yeti, K2, Engel or similar.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a k2 90 for sale for $300, if that's about the size you're looking for. Only used once and in great shape. Just doesn't fit the way I wanted it to. PM if interested.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I got a deal on a Yeti at Cabelas- I told the camping Mgr it was a gift and I felt really guilty about the price. Trouble with the knockoffs is finding one with a large enough offering for multiday trips.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
RTICs have been pushed here on the Buzz pretty hard lately. I don't really understand why. They seem as good as all the rest but the biggest is a 65. That is barely adequate for a couple day trip and the sizes aren't all that great for rafts/cats. I look foreword to when they have more usable sizes but for now I don't understand why they are being pushed so hard.

Rob, it would help to know what size your looking for.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking for something in the 120 qt range. Bottom length of 40" or less.

The K2's look good, and the engel would be a good fit.

I'll check out REI and Cabela's.
appreciate the feedback guys

·
Sponsoring Vendors
37 Posts
Hello,

I stock K2's down in Durango. 120qt would be great for multi-day!
I have white ones in stock but could get you another color. They are running $459. plus I could ship it to you via kangaroo freight.

Troy

·
Registered
49 Posts
The REI Annual Sale for 20% off + Dividend is what I just did on my Yeti.

Yeti's are hardly ever on sale and I had the cooler shipped to the store so didn't pay shipping.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been very happy with my Canyon coolers... I own a couple currently, and I don't have anything bad to say about them. Recently did a 6 day salt trip, and with 2 bags (not blocks) of ice and a few chemical ice packs we still had ice de-rigging at home on day 7. Plus, they support the Buzz...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've got a Canyon Sailor I got with a package that I've never used. I'm going to put it in the classifieds but thought i'd throw it out there if you're looking. $275.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeti's, ha. What a rip off. That's some frat boy name brand image bullshit. Dominating the market, they must be laughing all the way to the bank.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I've got a Canyon Sailor I got with a package that I've never used. I'm going to put it in the classifieds but thought i'd throw it out there if you're looking. $275.
Why can't I find the "sailor" on their site. Searching it brings up the prospector.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeti's, ha. What a rip off. That's some frat boy name brand image bullshit. Dominating the market, they must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Tell me where I should be looking then. Yeti has the send you a new one policy for a warranty. And I can pick one up at several local places. Who all honor their claims with full refunds if requested.
I fully agree that they charge too much, but that's the reality of a top of the line product. RTIC looks like they can compete in the future but as of today they really are a good all around choice for cooler. Lemme know if I am a total fool. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts