Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According their spec page, the 120 size is best for me, but it is not on their product list. Is it still available??

·
Registered
111 Posts
They changed the 120 to 125. It sits higher and slightly narrower. I have the discontinued 120 and am happy with it as it sits snuggly into my 39" space.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Quick google search.....only found one place with them in stock. Otherwise you'll have to choose between a 110 and a 125. Good luck in your search.

YETI Coolers

·
Registered
246 Posts
My brother had the same issue and talked to someone at Yeti that said Tundra 120 is discontinued. 120 would work for me too. I think they just keep it listed on their site to piss us off.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, looking elsewhere now. I don't know if anyone from Yeti pays attention to this site, but the 120 is probably one of the best fits for those who have a 72 inch cat frame and want to use the cooler as a seat. Just sayin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, looking elsewhere now. I don't know if anyone from Yeti pays attention to this site, but the 120 is probably one of the best fits for those who have a 72 inch cat frame and want to use the cooler as a seat. Just sayin.
Yep, and the same thing is true of the also-discontinued 85 for fit in narrow boats. I grabbed one just after they stopped making them but before the local shop ran out and would have been screwed for my Aire SDP if I had to choose between a 75 or 105. Neither fit very well when I test fit them to my boat/frame.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking for the same thing now for 66" inch frame. Unfortunately one of the best fits for my purposes is the Canyon. They are probably great stuff, but the regular spamming on this site has left a bad taste in my mouth for them.

Does anyone find it odd that NRS has their line of coolers, but nothing that fits their own frames just perfectly?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Looking for the same thing now for 66" inch frame. Unfortunately one of the best fits for my purposes is the Canyon. They are probably great stuff, but the regular spamming on this site has left a bad taste in my mouth for them.

Does anyone find it odd that NRS has their line of coolers, but nothing that fits their own frames just perfectly?
As you well know, I've been down this road with the 66 inch NRS cat frame. Options would be a Yeti Tundra 105, Canyon Cooler 105, Marine Igloo 94, NRS Big Sky 80. These are just a few that I can name off hand. More searching might yield more choices. When you look at specs, look for the measurement at the bottom of the cooler. That's where you have about 34 inches to work with between the cat tubes. With an NRS 72 frame you will have more choices for larger coolers.
Not sure what you mean about spamming......Canyon Coolers is a Mountain Buzz sponsor.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not sure what you mean about spamming......Canyon Coolers is a Mountain Buzz sponsor.
I wondered about this also, but I think he might be confusing Canyon Coolers with Canyon Inflatables? Just a guess.

·
Registered
232 Posts
ORCA is another Made In USA cooler brand that has some different sizes available, found them while looking for a cooler to fit my Puma.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
ORCA is another Made In USA cooler brand that has some different sizes available, found them while looking for a cooler to fit my Puma.
ORCA coolers look nice, but they jump from a 75 to a 140 with nothing in-between. This seems to be a common problem with all cooler manufacturers. A lot of them jump from 80-90 up to 120 with no 100-110 sizes. Yeti & Canyon carry 105, and Yeti has a 110. Those of us with medium size rafts & cats need a few more in-between size options.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wondered about this also, but I think he might be confusing Canyon Coolers with Canyon Inflatables? Just a guess.
After some deliberation on my part I have decided that it is in the best interest of the 'Buzz community to let people know that this post earned me a PM threatening myself and business.

For this member whose feathers were so ruffled by this post, let me clarify. This comment was not meant as an attack against Canyon Inflatables. It was rather meant as a defense of Canyon Coolers, who have been extremely helpful to me lately in the search for a cooler to fit my Puma. In a case of mistaken identity they were standing to lose a sale...no one jumped in to point this out, so I thought it would be a good idea to do so.

A word of advice to Canyon Inflatables: If this person genuinely is not affiliated with you, I would do everything you can to separate yourselves from him......he is not helping your cause.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeti 120

I have a 120 sitting in my garage.(Raft it went in is gone and a larger raft with a larger cooler has taken it's place) It is in great working order, however has the black aluminum marks of a well loved rafting cooler.

Wasn't planning on selling it, but could be persuaded if someone really needs those particular dimensions.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...

A word of advice to Canyon Inflatables: If this person genuinely is not affiliated with you, I would do everything you can to separate yourselves from him......he is not helping your cause.
I couldn't agree more. Whatever your opinion is, respectful discussion is what we're all here for. Most of the manufactures seem to keep out of the discussion save an occasional clarification and they seem to identify themselves. I'm not here to call anybody out, just verbalize what many of us are no doubt thinking.

If you are a zealous fan, tone it down, Your not helping your cause. If your affiliated with Canyon Inflatables; knock it off and rethink your business model your probably not going to make it.

Brian

·
Banned
116 Posts

I couldn't agree more. Whatever your opinion is, respectful discussion is what we're all here for. Most of the manufactures seem to keep out of the discussion save an occasional clarification and they seem to identify themselves. I'm not here to call anybody out, just verbalize what many of us are no doubt thinking.

If you are a zealous fan, tone it down, Your not helping your cause. If your affiliated with Canyon Inflatables; knock it off and rethink your business model your probably not going to make it.

Brian
Just for info I have sent them an email regarding the behavior HPMG was experiencing and this forum. Agreed not acceptable, this is all about the boating and relaxation not bickering about gear.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Lots of douchiness going on of late

1 - 20 of 36 Posts