1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out with it, let the flaming begin

Vermillion Creek
North Fork Little Snake River
Middle Fork Little Snake River (from the top)
Avalanche Creek into Crystal River
Thompson Creek into Crystal River
Lincoln Creek into Roaring Fork
West Branch Laramie River
Halfmoon Creek
Beaver Creek (off Pikes Peak. I know you people have at least hiked in there)
Tabeguache Creek

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive not paddled any of them, I dont know if paddlers have boated some of these. some are of interest to me to paddle, others I am simply curious if anyone has boated them......any info is thanksed

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I've looked at Half Moon. Could find no local knowledge here in the upper Ark valley. At least what I've looked at looked too small and not boatable. And I'm ELFing friendly. :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
horsefly also.

if anyone wants unrun big falls and slides, chk out upper bilk ck about 3 miles above confluence w/ san miguel.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've looked at Half Moon. Could find no local knowledge here in the upper Ark valley. At least what I've looked at looked too small and not boatable. And I'm ELFing friendly. :)
Phil, your ELF tales are legendary and always welcome here :) What section did you look at? Using the always-extremely-precise-and-accurate Google Earth, I see a nice slice of white water in the upper reaches, before the large, obvious meadows. Is this the patch you looked at?

MFLS was done years ago by the Routt County crew. Lots of wood.
I would imagine so.....Any reports on what they found? King Solomon Creek is right next door and from the story posted on COKayaking it sounds like there is at least something there, because thats what they were attempting in the first place. There is a pic of a waterfall on the North Fork on Google Earth.....certainly looks like favorable geology.

·
Registered
808 Posts
if anyone wants to go have a look, let me know and i can get you to within less than a mile by 4wd....
a lot does not go, but a couple of sections probably do, the best being the top right corner of yeti's photo collage...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts