Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a kayak from them and was wondering if any of you have done the same what experiences have you encountered thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have ordered a few things from Backcountry and from their clearance site Steep and Cheap, returns are easy and I have never had a bad experience ordering from either site.

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
Good experience with the company. Always looked at those remixes and thought their lifetime return policy on a creek boat didn't make much sense but...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just oredered a paddle from them. It was 15% off and free 2 day shipping. I will be shopping with them again.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I shop often. I wish they had more selection however. I haven't used their generous return policy but am glad to know if something is a piece of shit that they will stand behind it

·
Registered
92 Posts
FYI about Backcountry.com

Just FYI,

I'm not going to bash bc.com, because obviously they have many satisfied custies and a good business model. But you may want to understand who you are doing business with.

Backcountry.com is owned by Liberty Media corp, One of the largest media conglomerates in the world. Backcountry.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Majority stockholder of Liberty Media is John Malone. Malone is a Colorado resident and philanthropist, and is also the largest individual landowner in the USA (2,100,000 acres). He is also a board member of the Cato institute, a libertarian think tank founded by one of the Koch brothers. His net worth is north of $6 Billion.

If you want your money to go a little farther in your community...find a local business to support

Juan

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Not fascists... Ayn Randists.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also had a pretty bad steepandcheap.com addiction but had been slowly getting away from it until last fall when I tried to return something that didn't fit beyond the 30 return date and they wouldn't take it back. So I gave up on them. I think their return policies have changed a bit over the years. I just checked and backcountry.com still has unconditional returns, so maybe it's just steepandcheap or all their deal sites.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Good experiences with both purchases and returns. They are located in Salt Lake City, so I was able to return the item directly to them instead of having shipping costs.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I buy from BackCountry, SierraTradingPost, and CKS. When CKS has what I want, I order from them exclusively and the rest through the two others. BC and STP clearance/deals/emails means you can save 70% at times, especially when they clearance end-of-year stuff.

Worrying about who I'm supporting is a waste of time and far too hippie for me, plus I'd rather keep $20 in MY pocket instead of someone else's.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just FYI,

I'm not going to bash bc.com, because obviously they have many satisfied custies and a good business model. But you may want to understand who you are doing business with.

Backcountry.com is owned by Liberty Media corp, One of the largest media conglomerates in the world. Backcountry.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Majority stockholder of Liberty Media is John Malone. Malone is a Colorado resident and philanthropist, and is also the largest individual landowner in the USA (2,100,000 acres). He is also a board member of the Cato institute, a libertarian think tank founded by one of the Koch brothers. His net worth is north of $6 Billion.

If you want your money to go a little farther in your community...find a local business to support

Juan
What does any of this have to do with buying from them? So the majority stake holder is very successful; does that mean I shouldn't support him? He's a board member on a non partisan think tank, so what?

They have a good selection, great prices, great service an excellent return policy and fast free shipping. Some of my local business need to take a long hard look at their business model.

And what's to say the dude who owns my local kayak store (thoeritical since there isn't one within a 45 minute drive of here) would give any more of his money back to the community than this dude? Since he live in Colorado I'll say he's in my "community" and I'd bet WAY more of his cash flows back into my community than from all of the local shops I support combined.

BTW..I support local whenever possible. Not because I want the money to stay here but because I want their business too for the next time I need something in a rush or the next time I want to see before I buy.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I believe where I spend my dollar is more significant than my vote, and this speaks mote to how worthless I think my vote is than how many dollars I have or spend. I appreciate the info, thanks. I will be avoiding buying from them, fortunately I never bought much but I did get some oars this winter.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so is been 3 days and i still havent received a tracking number talked to a lady said it would ship today from virginia could take up to 12 days what a fucking joke last time I do business with this company. Shoulda just got the color I didnt want from CKS would of had the boat in a day sigh....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is their warranty as good as they say? I wonder if they would return a 2 year old beat up and cracked kayak?

"We guarantee complete satisfaction and an unlimited lifetime warranty. If at any time —now, next month, in 30 years— you're not 100% satisfied, send you gear back for a full refund. No questions asked."

·
Banned
678 Posts
i ordered a boat from them last saturday. It'll be here next tuesday. not bad fr residential freight. If you call them theyll hook you up too. I got free shipping even though its residential freight ($100)

ive also returned a bunch of stuff to them with no issues

1 - 20 of 30 Posts