Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alpacka Rafts just went live with a 10lb whitewater packraft! I have been part of testing and designing this boat for the past 4 years. Wanted to share the news and answer any questions the kayaking community might have.

We are giving away a boat for the person who submits the winning name for the boat!
Enter to win here: Win a Boat! - Alpacka Raft

More information and Pictures: Alpacka Raft - Home

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Awesome!! Where is that first photo in the gallery ,the gorge with the wicked geology ?Looks like maybe some other shots of the Alsaseca and Cataract (or GC)?How big of a person would it fit? 6'4" 250 ish doable? Really cool ! Beats lugging 35 lb .duckies and kayaks around.Is there anywhere to demo one? Can you say Copper Canyon or back country Belize!Guess you guys have plenty of areas to explore in Wyo /Mont./Id.and Alaska.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome!! Where is that first photo in the gallery ,the gorge with the wicked geology ?Looks like maybe some other shots of the Alsaseca and Cataract (or GC)?How big of a person would it fit? 6'4" 250 ish doable? Really cool ! Beats lugging 35 lb .duckies and kayaks around.Is there anywhere to demo one? Can you say Copper Canyon or back country Belize!Guess you guys have plenty of areas to explore in Wyo /Mont./Id.and Alaska.
I think the first photo is in Costa Rica. The muddy shot is GC.

As far as 6'4" and 250ish I think it would still handle great. I would recommend sending them an email (Alpacka Raft LLC - The World's Finest Packrafts) and seeing if you couldn't maybe get one that was slightly longer. I'm not positive about demos either but that is a great questions as well. Where are you located?

I tried it out at Gauley Fest this past weekend and it worked awesome. I have included some pictures below:

20140919_NewRiverGorge_0006_Kevin.jpg

20140919_NewRiverGorge_0106_Kevin.jpg

·
Registered
423 Posts
Finally! That thing looks awesome. I'm also curious if at 6'4" 205lbs it'll be long enough. Stoked to get in one & see. I also think I just won the naming contest. Fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
That would make it a raft and not an inflatable kayak!
Actually according to the name it is a "raft" not a kayak... so it must come with beer holders.

And I'm certain I won the naming contest, simple yet descriptive and catchy :razz:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Couple Answers

I'm also curious if at 6'4" 205lbs it'll be long enough. Stoked to get in one & see.
The initial boats will be built specifically for your size. Because of the importance of this until the company has a full understanding of sizing you will be able to have boats made for you specific body type.

Does it have cup holders?

Think Koozies with the suction on them work really well if glued to the front deck!

Any photos of the outfitting?
I will try and get some out soon.

Excited to see where more people start taking these guys!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I can't wait until I win this boat, partially to hear what names all you worthy losers came up with. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
How does it roll and play compared with a normal boat?
With some of the stuff people have done with existing Alpackas, I'm waiting for some amazing videos from people with better free time:responsibility quotients than myself.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts