Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I was looking for advice on my wooden drift boat. I purchased last year and noticed that the inside floor is starting to get a little warping. How soon should I fix this? I was thinking of just sanding the floor and putting epoxy over it as it will last longer. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Thank you!

·
Registered
616 Posts
It would be helpful to have more info. The floor is a raised floor over battens? It is made of solid wood, plywood or other?
Is it painted or varnished? A photo would help.

In my boat the floor takes a beating. Between mud, dirt and studded fishing boots it gets a lot of hard use. My floor is made of HDPE plastic and has an aluminum anti-skid wear plate mounted at the rowers feet and the front casting bay.
I need to re-paint the anti skid material every 2-3 years. The HPDE is fairly robust.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Those guys are meanies! I wouldn’t believe anything they say

I agree with Kengore, need photos.

OP, also, wood boats need to be stored inside. You can do a lot of damage to them on the river, but far more damage is done on the days you’re not on the river while it’s sitting outside exposed to the sun and elements in your driveway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey everyone I was looking for advice on my wooden drift boat. I purchased last year and noticed that the inside floor is starting to get a little warping. How soon should I fix this? I was thinking of just sanding the floor and putting epoxy over it as it will last longer. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Thank you!

Got any photos? I build and repair wooden driftboats as well as beat them up on the Middle Fork of the Salmon. Need more information before any suggestions can be made.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Hard to say without photos...

Reactions: MT4Runner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts