Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm thinking about a new creek boat... right now I'm paddling a Prijon Creeker 225, but it's kind of old, it leaks, and I'm finding it hard to boof.
I want a boat that is easy(er) to maneuver and not too heavy for portaging/hiking. My prijon is light, so it's easy to carry; but it's pretty long for the volume, which I think makes it harder to boof and move quickly on the water.

Any chicas out there tried a jackson rocker? Or any other suggestions?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yakkeranna,

My wife and two daughters all absolutely love the Punk Rocker. We own three and I paddled one of them for a year before the first daughter tried it and immediately laid claim to it becoming hers. The other gals saw how strong her boating quickly advanced and they one by one all tried and wanted their own. I absolutely love the boat myself, but having given mine to the daughter I then bought the Viallain S for myself. Which, it is a great boat, but substantailly larger and heavier than the Punk Rocker. I still highly recommend the Punk Rocker for any paddler in the 100 - 160 lb range. It is a super enjoyable boat.
Cheers!
Ken

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tried allll of these boats. The Chico was really narrow. The Punk was fun but you can't weld it. The little Nomad was perfect but just a tad bit too big. After all that, I found a small Fluid Solo, and I love it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a small female creek boater (5'4", 120lbs) who just happens to work at a kayak shop (CKS) so I've been fortunate enough to paddle just about every creek boat out there. I'd be happy to chat boats with you if you want to give me a call at the shop (719-395-9206). No pressure to buy, I promise! I always enjoy talking with other female boaters.

Some things to think about...you say you want a boat that's responsive, easy to boof and lightweight; these are the things everyone wants in a creek boat and yet, everyone is different, so you have to keep in mind what feels like a great boat to one person will feel like a bathtub to another. IMO it really comes down to the individual; you've got to take into consideration your specific paddling style (do you tend to muscle your boat or do you finesse it? are you more comfortable paddling a displacement hull or a planning hull?) and the type of water you plan to paddle it on primarily (steep, technical creeks vs. big, pushy water, etc)...these things will really help you narrow down your choice.

Good luck to you!
Tiff

·
Registered
325 Posts
I paddle a Jackson Little Hero and absolutely love it. Have tried others but this one is the best by far. 5'5" 130 lbs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My girlfriend paddles a Riot Magnum 72, and it's perfect for her. Great boat with nice edges, boofs well, big water, creeking, perfect all around boat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts