Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to figure out how to get a live video camera feed wirelessly transmitted to either a laptop or projector. Does anyone out there know how to get this done? I think I read something about wireless go pro somewhere, but not sure how it works. Are there wireless connections that you can plug a standard video camera into and get the signal out and into a laptop? Total distance would be in the 100 ft range. Looking for something hopefully simply and relatively cheap.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
Ian the wireless feed to the go pro is on a weird time delay, like 5 seconds. I thin k this is just to get you to buy the LCD backpack screen which in live, but that's just supposition. I think you could modify and use an big extension cord, and avoid the expense of wireless. I know you want more cords to manage around that course.

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Ian, I've been doing some research and some hacking. I opted for the 2nd option as it was much less expensive. This could be useful for shooting pictures remotely, or showing live video on a TV or projector.

CamRanger would be ideal, as it works from a DSLR (Nikon or Canon) and a device (iOS devices, Android devices, Mac and Windows computers, and the Kindle) Price is kind of high, yet it works out of the box. You will also need some adapter to output HDMI from iOS or Android. Apple has dedicated lightning and 30 pin to HDMI and power in connectors.

There is also an alternative for android devices and Canon / Nikon DSLRs. DSLRController uses a $40 wifi router. You will need an android device, a DSLR and some basic tech skills to get it working. You will also need some adapter to output HDMI from Android to the TV or projector.

Some Android manufactures use one spec (MHL) while others use another spec (slimport) for micro usb to hdmi. Do some research to find out what spec your device uses. In the near future, ChromeCast may support screen mirroring, but right now you have to have a nexus 5 phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts