Mountain Buzz banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
we're looking good so far here in Montanafornia, but still to early to tell overall.
Not to de-rail the thread lol but is it getting bad there too? Been thinking of leaving Colorado because of all the BS Californians are bringing with them. Montana was on the list of possible places..

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not to de-rail the thread lol but is it getting bad there too? Been thinking of leaving Colorado because of all the BS Californians are bringing with them. Montana was on the list of possible places..
They’re inescapable in the west. It’s fully metastasized.

They’re like a shit on a blanket. F*ckin everywhere and no corner will remain unstained.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We could use more guys like you here…but yea, it’s been bad for a good 5-8yrs and below average starting at least 10-12 yrs ago. Literally gets noticeably worse every 10 days. Now with COVID, the mass exodus here is on steroids. CA, OR, WA license plates then maybe 2 MT then a east coast plate. I’m exaggerating but not really. It’s so disgusting I can’t even joke about it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
We could use more guys like you here…but yea, it’s been bad for a good 5-8yrs and below average starting at least 10-12 yrs ago. Literally gets noticeably worse every 10 days. Now with COVID, the mass exodus here is on steroids. CA, OR, WA license plates then maybe 2 MT then a east coast plate. I’m exaggerating but not really. It’s so disgusting I can’t even joke about it.
My family born and raised in eastern Idaho says the same. Vandalism of cars with CA plates isn’t uncommon and the long time locals look the other way. The city/town councils and county planning commissions have been a huge target for these transplants as well. It’s not enough for them to just move to some nice small town and be quiet, they have to bring their utopian vision and politics with them and evangelize it. It really is disgusting, like you said.

The lack of self awareness these people have is astonishing.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Same thing here in a different state but Colorado has always been desirable but it has gotten much worse. Really sucks when the people are second homeowners and don’t even vote here but think they should have a say in how things are run.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
My family born and raised in eastern Idaho says the same. Vandalism of cars with CA plates isn’t uncommon and the long time locals look the other way. The city/town councils and county planning commissions have been a huge target for these transplants as well. It’s not enough for them to just move to some nice small town and be quiet, they have to bring their utopian vision and politics with them and evangelize it. It really is disgusting, like you said.

Well didn’t you hear? Their ideologies are going to save the world!!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
They’re inescapable in the west. It’s fully metastasized.

They’re like a shit on a blanket. F*ckin everywhere and no corner will remain unstained.
I resemble that remark! Born and raised in Southern California, have lived and voted in Colorado longer than I lived in CA, so I don't know how that describes my status here
Seems what I have noticed increasingly about folks from EVERY state, there is no patience, no courtesy, no thoughtfulness, no empathy....there is no halo over my head, I do
try to treat people how I would like to be treated, don't always succeed, but practicing everyday

·
Premium Member
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Well didn’t you hear? Their ideologies are going to save the world!!
Well, thankfully we don't have a lot of Californicators coming to Colorado, mostly the constant influx of Texans, which are irritating in their own right. For the most part, arrogant and self centered they are. The migrants are leaving California and headed to TX, the Texans are leaving Texas and coming here. They all want to change the place so "It'll be just like home".

Would not be so bad if they knew how to drive, but they don't. 100 MPH on the straightaways in a 55 zone, then lock up the brakes to 25 when they see a curve in the road. Most of them are middle of the road as far as their political views go, and that makes them tolerable in that respect, but we're seeing a huge influx to my area anyway, of Front Ranger's as we call them, that have trashed the front range with their politics, and are moving here and trying the same thing.

Rural Colorado is going to hell in a handbasket for many reasons, not the least of which is tourism, which starts the vicious relocation trend. Many in my area respond to their ideas of change, with the statement, "We like it just the way it is, you go change something someplace else, and leave us the hell alone". Laudable IMHO, but I don't think it's doing much good at the end of the day.

·
Premium Member
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I resemble that remark! Born and raised in Southern California, have lived and voted in Colorado longer than I lived in CA, so I don't know how that describes my status here
Seems what I have noticed increasingly about folks from EVERY state, there is no patience, no courtesy, no thoughtfulness, no empathy....there is no halo over my head, I do
try to treat people how I would like to be treated, don't always succeed, but practicing everyday
And having met and shared food with you and your Husband, I'd say you're the exception to the rule. Not every Californian that moved here is nearly as gracious as you 2.

I'm not saying everyone fits into the same mold, but there's a good deal of them that fit into this mold.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Rural Colorado is going to hell in a handbasket for many reasons, not the least of which is tourism, which starts the vicious relocation trend. Many in my area respond to their ideas of change, with the statement, "We like it just the way it is, you go change something someplace else, and leave us the hell alone". Laudable IMHO, but I don't think it's doing much good at the end of the day.
This is the same issue for the western slope..cracks me up that they want it to feel like home..then why did you leave?!

·
Premium Member
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
This is the same issue for the western slope..cracks me up that they want it to feel like home..then why did you leave?!
Exactly..

Some in my area tell the Texans after listening to them spout at length about how wonderful Texas is, then why don't you go back there ? I mean, they have such wonderful climate, 99% humidity is one selling point, and that super reliable electric grid they are so proud of..

Sorry, in a sarcastic mood today..

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I'd venture that people are from so many different places that they have no sense of place or community or tie to the place and neighbors where they are now residing.
You don't want to piss off your neighbors, but nobody worries about pissing off somebody else's neighbors.

·
Premium Member
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
I'd venture that people are from so many different places that they have no sense of place or community or tie to the place and neighbors where they are now residing.
You don't want to piss off your neighbors, but nobody worries about pissing off somebody else's neighbors.
I'd venture to say you're right.

·
Premium Member
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Anyone read "The Big Sort"?

I'm feeling like 2020-2021 was another massive sort. We haven't begun to see the major political and social shifts that are coming.
No, I hadn't but I will. Seems to be available on Amazon. I will say that the fact that Slick Willie has lent his name to it, and preaches seminars about it detracts from it's validity to some degree. If nothing else, I put his opinion in the same class as Algore.. Master bullshitters with an agenda.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I can mail you my copy, I love sharing books.

It's a good read. IMHO anyone with an agenda could say that it applies to their agenda. The authors are actual scientists.

You see mass homogenization in people moving to communities with megachurches in Texas and also intellectual millenials moving to Portland. They're surrounded by like-minded people and the groupthink is as horrendous as you can imagine. Both think they're right...so the book fits their "agenda"...where it's actually bemoaning the homogenization.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

They are called locusts for good reason!

81 - 100 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.