Mountain Buzz banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
This is one of the more civil discussions I've seen on the buzz lately.

Someone needs to start a fight....
Product Sharing Organism Font Leisure

Just for WWCuban..

No fights thanks.

Been awful civil since "He who shall remain nameless" isn't around..

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Oh...and dairy is also heavily subsidized. :(
and/or price fixed
Name one thing that isn't these days.. Most everything is, at least as far as food is concerned. At least it's produced in the good ol USA, and creates jobs and income for farming and ranching families. I need to get me some of that subsidization for the beef cattle.. I hear Biden is talking about throwing billions at the "beef producers", but it'll all go to Purdue / Swift etc, and not end up where it's needed. I guaranfrickintee it..

Reactions: MT4Runner

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
You know darn well who I mean.. shares a first name with the car named geo 😆

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Damn, and here all along, I thought it was the old jovial Bens Laughter!
That's what you get for thinking!

Now that that's out of the way, let's get back to cursing dams, the bureau of wreck the nation the lack of snowfall and anything else to do with the topic of this thread LOL

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Remember what happened in 1983 and there was record snowpack in Wyoming and Colorado and the reservoirs were full and 3 crazy guys took a dory trip?

Well...this is exactly the opposite of that awesomeness.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Remember what happened in 1983 and there was record snowpack in Wyoming and Colorado and the reservoirs were full and 3 crazy guys took a dory trip?

Well...this is exactly the opposite of that awesomeness.
Yeah, I do . Someone wrote a book about it, the amethyst acre or something.. featured some dude known as fraction..

It's probably a little early to sit down and start looking at upper basin reservoir elevations, versus predicted runoff from the snotel sites, but here in a month or two we should be able to start to get an idea of what this winter snowfall will mean as far as reservoir heights.. personally I don't believe that this is going to be a banner enough year that the reservoirs will fill to the point where they'll start letting water down the ditches, unless they do a repeat of last year and empty out all the upper basin reservoirs so they can keep the turbines spinning and the revenue flowing...

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Amethyst Acre 😂

not the Feldspar Furlong?

we're looking good so far here in Montanafornia, but still to early to tell overall.
Ecoregion World Map Rectangle Font

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Amethyst Acre 😂

not the Feldspar Furlong?

we're looking good so far here in Montanafornia, but still to early to tell overall.
View attachment 72169
Oh, yeah something like that 🤣😂 Feldspar furlong, now who would name a wooden rowboat something silly like that!

Pray for snow. The storm that was supposed to drop "tons of snow" didn't materialize here.. sunny and 45 out, with 25mph wind.. damn..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Warmed up after the last storm dumped ~16” here in The State of Jefferson. 38° at 6500' above sea level, hasn't rained much, but the snowpack could absorb quite a bit, if it did. Somewhere around 6' of snow outside my window.
The skiing is still gonna be shit until it cools back down and we get a few inches of fresh ❄❄. Which is ok. I have work to do...yet here I am, chatting with you yayhoos, in the middle of the day...

61 - 80 of 108 Posts