Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out the Broomfield community center pool is closed until the rec center is reopened in 2020.

I called the Westy pools and ultimately spoke to Joe Laduke over at the 76th & Irving street location(Swim & Fitness Center). He's going to do some research on his end to see if they can accommodate boaters this winter. What would help make his decision easier is if he has an idea of how many of us might actually use the facilities and when. Then he can justify carving out some time just for us paddlers.

The pool is similar to the Broomfield Community Center one: 25 yards, 8 lanes. 3' to 5' ft depth with a 13' dive well. They currently host scuba and SUP sessions, so having WW paddlers in is not a stretch.

Can I get a show of hands from folks Westminster/Broomfield/Thornton/Fed Heights/Northglenn/etc that would be interested in practicing at this location and maybe at what times?

https://www.cityofwestminster.us/ParksRecreation/RecreationCenters/SwimFitnessCenter

Thanks,

-asm

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
If you are on Front Range Kayakers FB page you should post there. You won't get a ton of traffic here. I might go to this now and then depending on when it's held.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts