Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a month(Feb) off from work and would like to head south for a couple of weeks of paddling. Am going solo and would like a commercial company, any ideas?
Muchas Gracias

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kim do you mean south as in Southern Africa or South America or South of Durango?
Yeah, all of the above (Mexico included) provided there's warm water. I just returned from working in Sudan and I have a month or two off before I need to start working again. I was thinking a paddle or surf trip would be perfect.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go to Ecuador, its epic. Miami to Quito is only a three and a half hour flight. Ecuador is cheap, plan for $25-$30 a day for everything including a shuttle. Their is a kayak guide book by Small World Avdentures, definately worth purchasing. There are tons of rivers near Tena, Baeza, and Santa Domingo. Taxi drivers in Tena and Baeza are used to kayakers. They will drop you off and pick you up and are totally relialble. I was there during the 2006-07 winter and shredded with my boyfriend. We boated with other kayakers we meet down there and did a bunch of class IV-V runs; there is not much class III. There are so many rivers with so many different sections, you could boat a different section everyday for a month. I will go back to Ecuador as soon as I improve to a class IV-V kayaker. I have also boated in Peru, Argentina, and Chile but nowhere beats the accessability and quantity of quality runs as Ecuador, plus its cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts