1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there
in the market for a new frame and am considering the Willie Boats frame
https://cascaderivergear.com/shop/river-rat-willie-frame/
I have two Recretecs, and I like them very much, but it appears that this Willie frame has similar design (side rails, rectangular aluminum structure vs circular tubing) but is adjustable, which the Recretec obviously is not.
But I have not seen one in person. Anyone with any experience or opinion? How well does the inner adjustment rail function? Is it all sturdy enough? How well does it all break down? Other thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Scott
Bend, OR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Scott. Did you ever pick up a Willie frame? I too am torn between one of these and a Recretec. Additionally, I'm also located in Bend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, couldn’t get a favorable review despite what looked like a good design description. After having rowed the Colorado for the first time, I’m not sure that Willies frame in the length needed for a 16’+ boat would hold up on that big water
Decided to buy a DRE tried and true for my 17’ Maravia and I’m supremely happy
Cheers, Scott
If you want to talk boats, frames, permits, or anything else, give a call
541-408-0466
Attachment is first float on Elk Lake, Oregon setting oars and towers before October Colorado River run. Front to back: 19” bay for 5 rocket boxes, 20.5” bay for Canyon 150, 22” footwell w two rocket box slings, 16” Mad Cow dry box, and 7” bay w drop bag for 2 seven gal water jugs. So awesome

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don’t have any experience with the Willie frame but that internal / adjustable rail thing seems very ‘gimicky’ to me.

I personally would like elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts