Mountain Buzz banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice article and reason I even knew others had the same issues my raft party experienced on 7/5.

In discussions with the Idaho Attorney Generals Office they have received a few consumer complaints and are actively looking into this company. HOWEVER, the AG’s office needs all those that were impacted/had damages to file a consumer complaint (consumer protection violation) in failure to provide services that were "prepaid". You will need to explain your damages i.e. amount paid for shuttle, gas, etc.

Get the word out please to make sure this doesn’t happen to others.

Link to ID AG’s consumer complaint website:

QUOTE="stevodent, post: 852198, member: 49738"]
Here is the article and the video I put together.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you posted reviews on google, go back and post them again. the company rating is back up to almost 4 stars, I don’t know how this is possible but the reviews went from the low 3’s with over 70 reviews back to a a 3.9 with only 58 or 59 ratings. My review, my husband, and two group members reviews are no longer on the site. This company is a total joke: didn’t shuttle two of our cars, locked keys in one, dented another, stole money, left beers and cigarettes in one, used a car for personal use, the list goes on and on.
*edited bc I just learned owners can’t pay to remove bad reviews, I have no clue how these reviews are gone but they are.
*edited again bc my post on Google is now up, somehow. On this thread there is another comment showing the decline of comments and the increase in rating (from user IDriverRunner on 7/19/22). So just bc the reviews are gone doesn’t mean this company is magically reputable again!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think they mean they are prepared to pay their debt to society. They may get three hots and a cot. Maybe some community service when they get out…. Shoveling out snow from the road to Boundary the next few springs.
No, they should fill in all those pot holes on the dirt road to boundary. The snow will melt off but those holes were the worst I have ever seen.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No, they should fill in all those pot holes on the dirt road to boundary. The snow will melt off but those holes were the worst I have ever seen.
Seriously? I didn’t think they were particularly noteworthy at all. I expect a busy dirt road to have a lot of washboard and potholes. I was actually surprised that it wasn’t a lot worse tbh.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Seriously? I didn’t think they were particularly noteworthy at all. I expect a busy dirt road to have a lot of washboard and potholes. I was actually surprised that it wasn’t a lot worse tbh.
There was an area by the little bridge where the surface eroded and there was a pretty deep hole. If anyone was traveling at any speed they could have dropped an axle. There were also some other sections where it was in pretty bad shape. I expect some washboard roads but I don’t enjoy creeping along at 5 miles per mile through the bad areas. I am sure that there have been times when it was in worse condition but it was in the worse condition that I have seen. It would be nice to have some of the money that we pay go to some basic road maintenance. I am not the only person who had the same observation.

·
Super Moderator
3,181 Posts
I expect some washboard roads but I don’t enjoy creeping along at 5 miles per mile through the bad areas.
Not saying it is right or that we shouldn't get better maintenance, but I always plan on traveling at 5 mph thru the bad sections. There is always some washing out that happens around Bear Valley, especially when we get some water up in there as likely happened this spring.

There is always some bad sections at the bottom of the hill after you descend from Fir Creek summit, but before you come out towards Fir Creek campground and Bruce Meadows/ Ayers Meadows.

But I am weird and enjoy the drive with it's challenges or snow shoveling or pass opening whatever it takes. If you view it as an obstacle to getting to the river quicker it could be frustrating as opposed to being the last leg of your journey to the next great adventure. Whatever works for you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
those crappy roads and no cell coverage are one of the last things keeping Boundary from becoming a full-awn vanlife instagram destination.
Living in close proximity to Jackson, the toxic invasive van living species is no joke. I can’t stand those damn things. Though, those folks will pay through the nose for custom Sprinter cabinets. And I love charging them a premium. Elitism is not inexpensive!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thought this was funny from my boys at the Stuffer (worth checking out for the goings on in the Wood River Valley).

View attachment 79976
Hadn't seen that one but awesome. Ron and Pat are good buddies of mine. a longtime favorite, and relevant to the sprinter comments too:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hadn't seen that one but awesome. Ron and Pat are good buddies of mine. a longtime favorite, and relevant to the sprinter comments too:
That’s some funny shit.
They’ve taken over SW MT as well…

·
Registered
23 Posts
And an unsolicited recommendation for All Rivers Shuttle (https://allriversshuttle.com/) out of White Bird, Idaho. They've been in business for 16 years and we've used them multiple times for Salmon shuttles. And we've never had a problem. They're particularly good for Lower Salmon shuttles, since they're close to the put-in at Hammer Creek, you can just drive over and drop keys. We just had them shuttle our cars on the Lower Salmon last week (7/18/2022), and eveything went very smoothly. Among other advantages, the office phone is always answered by Michelle, who (in our experience) is very reliable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not saying it is right or that we shouldn't get better maintenance, but I always plan on traveling at 5 mph thru the bad sections. There is always some washing out that happens around Bear Valley, especially when we get some water up in there as likely happened this spring.

There is always some bad sections at the bottom of the hill after you descend from Fir Creek summit, but before you come out towards Fir Creek campground and Bruce Meadows/ Ayers Meadows.

But I am weird and enjoy the drive with it's challenges or snow shoveling or pass opening whatever it takes. If you view it as an obstacle to getting to the river quicker it could be frustrating as opposed to being the last leg of your journey to the next great adventure. Whatever works for you.
As a shuttle driver - if we drove 5 miles an hour we literally would be driving for 15 hours going from Salmon to Boundary and back to Salmon. Add in to some moron from California that had a shit tire that went flat because THEY hit something and then find out he had a chain lock on his spare underneath the truck? That we spent an hour and a half trying to find tools to cut it off?? Don't get me started on the home made trailers that go into Boundary with a raft on that keeps the trailer somewhat secure but bringing it out empty? Literally the screws came out of where screws already looked to have failed. I then drove the same trailer down to Cache Bar and barely got it back there in one piece. With the help of people loaning me come-alongs and bungies - literally the sides were falling off. My crew had to come back and find me because I was driving 2 miles an hour to get there. So don't always blame the shuttle driver. Part blame goes to the vehicle owners with sub-par trailers and vehicles. Also - a friendly reminder - ALWAYS fill your windshield fluid, oil and gas tanks before going into Boundary. And if you state you are leaving your key in say - the wheel well - and then leave it under a rock behind the back tire for us to try and find in a torrential downpour? Not cool. And then don't wonder why your vehicle didn't make it out of Boundary. And when you put in at Corn Creek? Don't leave a 1/2 gallon of milk in a hot car that explodes. Or dirty diapers or vomit in car seats. Or other rotten food. Thanks - from a very good shuttle driver.

·
Registered
149 Posts
As a shuttle driver - if we drove 5 miles an hour we literally would be driving for 15 hours going from Salmon to Boundary and back to Salmon. Add in to some moron from California that had a shit tire that went flat because THEY hit something and then find out he had a chain lock on his spare underneath the truck? That we spent an hour and a half trying to find tools to cut it off?? Don't get me started on the home made trailers that go into Boundary with a raft on that keeps the trailer somewhat secure but bringing it out empty? Literally the screws came out of where screws already looked to have failed. I then drove the same trailer down to Cache Bar and barely got it back there in one piece. With the help of people loaning me come-alongs and bungies - literally the sides were falling off. My crew had to come back and find me because I was driving 2 miles an hour to get there. So don't always blame the shuttle driver. Part blame goes to the vehicle owners with sub-par trailers and vehicles. Also - a friendly reminder - ALWAYS fill your windshield fluid, oil and gas tanks before going into Boundary. And if you state you are leaving your key in say - the wheel well - and then leave it under a rock behind the back tire for us to try and find in a torrential downpour? Not cool. And then don't wonder why your vehicle didn't make it out of Boundary. And when you put in at Corn Creek? Don't leave a 1/2 gallon of milk in a hot car that explodes. Or dirty diapers or vomit in car seats. Or other rotten food. Thanks - from a very good shuttle driver.
First of all I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it when I arrive at Cache bar and find my truck and trailer waiting. The only thing that I ever find funny is when they ask what color they are…dusty🤣. As a moron from California who graduated from ISU, I changed the oil in our truck and had the bearings repacked in our trailer prior to our trip. That drive is challenging enough with well maintained vehicles and just stupid if they aren’t. I also left a nice tip and no diapers. So, thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My mind is constantly blown by the trailers I see. Nowhere near road worthy, let alone Idaho backroad worthy. Can’t imagine towing stacked rafts and gear on a single axel pizza cutter tired contraption that looks like it came from a Red Green yard sale.

A buddy who tried to pass off a POS as a road ready raft trailer was greeted, at the takeout, with a bill for a properly sized spare, two new wheel bearings, welding repairs, labor, and a service charge. He was pissed at the cost. I told him he was lucky they towed it out of Corn to begin with.

I’m surprised more Idaho rafters don’t get double axels. Especially the ones guys spend a ton to have custom made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In reference to the "apology" from WRS, you did not "inconvenience" folks, you seriously ENDANGERED the lives of children, parents, and people you know. You and your employees committed serious crimes. You don't seem to be grasping the depth of your responsibility. By the way, sincere apologies generally include specifics on steps you are taking to remediate the damages.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts