Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
These reviews online recently with photos are hard to comprehend. People stranded for DAYS without vehicles. Hitch hiking 100s of miles, cars disappearing for days. Cars left IN THE RIVER. Agreed with above recommendations in my experience. Also, I had to use a new company this year due to short notice on a cancellation and had a great experience with Rubicon out of Riggins.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That is good to hear... my early august trip is using them too. Only thing I wasn't stoked on was them advertising it at $350 until you went to check out and they tack on a $21 "Service Fee". I think they helped rescue my buddy's trip that got stranded by Wild River at Spring Bar for two days. Rubicon went to get trailer and brought them to Riggins and helped them arrange to go get their vehicle.
Just read the most recent complaint on MF/Main Salmon Trip Participants that Dave Young from Rubicon bailed out the group who got hosed by Wild River and took them and their gear to Riggins. Like I said, sample size of one but they were great and we stopped by their shop in Riggins on our way home.

·
Registered
507 Posts
One positive thing to take away are the other shuttle companies who have bent over backwards for those stranded. If one needed a reminder, then remember to support the hell out of those companies in the future. Seems like several of them spent their time, money, and equipment to help a lot of “us”. Don’t forget it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts