Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a river runner/play, easy to roll, stable, easy to maneuver for my wife. She only boats a couple of times a season with me, and we usually do very mellow runs. Some day I hope to get her on Bridges.

When she isn't using it I'd like to be able to loan it out, so I'd need some outfitting that I could adjust a fair bit.

And finally, would like to use it to play in when she is done, and things are too mellow for my Nomad.

Stats.
Her
5'6''
145lbs

Me
6'
145lbs

new or used, doesn't matter.

thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Get her one of the Jackson Fun series. If she wants more play go with the 2 fun. If she is looking for a better river runner with less play potential go with the next size up. My girlfriend has never looked back after I got her one and it is super easy to reoutfit.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Jackson

Get her last years Jackson Fun. I put my wife in it the two times a year she paddles. It's one of the best rolling boats on the market and it's stable. Those two things normally don't go together. I say to get last years because the peaked deck will help her out more river running. Plus, you can easily find them on sale. (PM me.) Go with the larger size and not the 2Fun. It's plenty of play boat for both of you. My wife says she feels more confident in the larger size. That will equal more river days for both of you. Trust me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts