Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst scrolling the YouTube, I end up watching some camper-van build videos. One of which had a fairly unique system for showering.
Battery operated pump, that you simply drop a suction line in a bucket of hot water. No messing around with solar showers, filling and suspending bags to use.
I immediately ordered one as I'm doing a bathroom remodel on my cabin, and needed a way to clean m'self.
I just fill a 5 gallon bucket with warm tap water, use it out on the deck. Could heat water on a blaster, while on the river.
Have now taken 5 showers(~4 gal each) on one charge, and doesn't seem to have lost much battery power. I just drop the shower head back in the bucket while I'm lathering up, instead of shutting the pump off each time. Should be plenty for a week+ long trip for an individual or couple. More, with backup charging.

I've no affiliation with the company\seller.

Just thought it would be something the buzz community could benefit from.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Whilst scrolling the YouTube, I end up watching some camper-van build videos. One of which had a fairly unique system for showering.
Battery operated pump, that you simply drop a suction line in a bucket of hot water. No messing around with solar showers, filling and suspending bags to use.
I immediately ordered one as I'm doing a bathroom remodel on my cabin, and needed a way to clean m'self.
I just fill a 5 gallon bucket with warm tap water, use it out on the deck. Could heat water on a blaster, while on the river.
Have now taken 5 showers(~4 gal each) on one charge, and doesn't seem to have lost much battery power. I just drop the shower head back in the bucket while I'm lathering up, instead of shutting the pump off each time. Should be plenty for a week+ long trip for an individual or couple. More, with backup charging.

I've no affiliation with the company\seller.

Just thought it would be something the buzz community could benefit from.

Hair Face Head Chin Eyebrow

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
The stock photo looks like the shower scene from a horror movie

Shoulder Human Flash photography Water Entertainment

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have a similar one except it doesnt use batteries....charges via usb cord. Which is handy if you take one of those battery banks with you. It works great at home to bathe the dog too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a similar one except it doesnt use batteries....charges via usb cord. Which is handy if you take one of those battery banks with you. It works great at home to bathe the dog too.
This one does the same.

Sealed battery\pump unit. Charges via a proprietary USB cable.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I made one of these with parts off amazon, stick it on the blaster till it's warm. Stainless garden sprayer, showerhead with an on off valve. Some have used a sink sprayer with the thumb valve.
Liquid Drinkware Fluid Automotive lighting Plastic bottle

Cheap, easy to make, and almost unbreakable. The downside is it's large and doesn't compress, but it's a much loved accessory on shoulder season grand trips, which are longer than a week LOL

·
Registered
406 Posts
Preheating water is for dirty hippies.....
Font Circle Auto part Service Fashion accessory

go big and on demand ....or go home......

(and so you can’t blame me for not telling you about these.....)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Preheating water is for dirty hippies..... View attachment 72140

go big and on demand ....or go home......

(and so you can’t blame me for not telling you about these.....)

I'm gonna need a bigger boat... 🙂

·
Registered
722 Posts
Make a backcountry hot tub..
Bubble bath in the hot springs? Hmmm….that might work. And energy efficient too!
But to get back on point: whatthehell are y’all needing hot water baths for anyway? It’s WHITEWATER rafting….you have a perfectly good river right there to wash up in. Must be getting old and soft.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nemo makes a sweet one that is pressure operated via foot-pump that would be very easy to strap to the raft/frame/etc during the daytime to heat up the water...

Speaking of foot operated pumps and buckets with water, anybody ever try putting a longer hose on their hand wash system so it could pull double duty as a shower?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts