Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering why they stopped making the liquid logic Jefe series

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you want to see just how bad it was watch videos of Evan Garcia and Co. Paddle it in any one of their videos. Seriously though it was a great creek boat for its time, it just didnt like to go straight. Designs evolve and in most cases improve. Evolution.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
4CRS

Tracking is the reason the Jefe is gone. It was a great boat and sold great. I would say it was better than other creek boats made during the same period of time. It turns easier than most wanted, but it really does run steep creeks well. The Stomper does all the Jefe does and it's more predicable when coming out of a hole. Now which would you buy? Now which would you continue to make? Cause you are going to sell the same amount of creek boats each year as a company.

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
Jefe specializes in low volume mank and softer landings. Too much redundancy in paddling styles with the stomper. Honestly 3 boats they are making feels redundant. I guess they can offer more "creekers" without a playboat line.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It was my first creeker. Punched holes like a beast, as long as it went in totally straight. I never did feel 100% confident in my roll in it though, and yeah, it liked to turn a lot for better and worse.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I think I'm like most people. When I first paddled the Jefe I thought it was amazing. Then once I paddled a newer / different boat, I thought it was an ill behaved slug. It did some things really great like handle boils, ride up and over, well, anything. And some things it did really poorly, like stay straight once it turned past a magic angle, carve / handle in general, and yes, roll.

Oddly enough, I remember reading about it when it first came out and the analysis was just the opposite. It was being billed as long and voluminous and better suited for PNW style boating.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think I'm like most people. When I first paddled the Jefe I thought it was amazing. Then once I paddled a newer / different boat, I thought it was an ill behaved slug. It did some things really great like handle boils, ride up and over, well, anything. And some things it did really poorly, like stay straight once it turned past a magic angle, carve / handle in general, and yes, roll.

Oddly enough, I remember reading about it when it first came out and the analysis was just the opposite. It was being billed as long and voluminous and better suited for PNW style boating.

The Jefe replaced the Huck (Stuck) and came out when the Dagger CFS was a popular creeker. Compared to those boats, it did track pretty well.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
LL is asymptotically approaching the perfect creekboat. gus + huck = jefe. Jefe + remix = stomper. Stomper + remix = flying squirrel. Or in another millennia do you just end up with a remix again?

Meanwhile Jackson's design room = "hey, that new LL boat looks cool, let's make something like that in more sizes and with more little strings."

Dagger's design room = "hey, let's just make that same boat we made last year."

Wavesport's design room = "hey, let's take a 10 year break, and then see if we can jam some more plastic outfitting inside to make this heavier."

Pyranha's design room = "Brown!"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is the ll flying squirrel worth looking into? Is it a good creeker ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good Way to Put It

Meanwhile Jackson's design room = "hey, that new LL boat looks cool, let's make something like that in more sizes and with more little strings."

Wavesport's design room = "hey, let's take a 10 year break, and then see if we can jam some more plastic outfitting inside to make this heavier."

HAHAHAHAHAHA this is the best thing ive seen all week...

·
Registered
87 Posts
LL is asymptotically approaching the perfect creekboat. gus + huck = jefe. Jefe + remix = stomper. Stomper + remix = flying squirrel. Or in another millennia do you just end up with a remix again?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts