Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into a serious wet blanket of a guy screaming at people at the takeout for Alpine Canyon on the Snake (WY) this past weekend. Older, kinda pudgy guy. Seems to either work in some position there or is just nuts. He acted nuts, and was there all weekend walking around the whole area like he owned it. Anyone know who this guy is and who he works for? No uniform, but had a "launch crew" hat on.

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
had a "launch crew" hat on.
Seems legit... Obviously he was with the launch crew... I'd listen to him, he's probably important.:rolleyes:

I've always found it odd that someone running a river brings up such resentment from some landowners (assuming this guy owns ANYTHING) just something that makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Launch crew hat? The guy doesn't sound legit at all. The rangers that run the put-in and take-out were all in uniform the 3 days I was there the end of July. They were some of the most friendly rangers I've run into up there. So unless the rangers were replaced by a temp or something the guy doesn't sound legit.

In fact, one of the rangers grabbed 3 kid PFDs that we left behind (someone plopped their raft on top of the PFDs) after an early evening run and returned them to me the next morning at the take-out. Saved me $300. :)

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
Launch crew hat? The guy doesn't sound legit at all. The rangers that run the put-in and take-out were all in uniform the 3 days I was there the end of July. They were some of the most friendly rangers I've run into up there. So unless the rangers were replaced by a temp or something the guy doesn't sound legit.

The rolley eyes smiley thing is supposed to give it away... guess not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, the Rangers are always awesome at Alpine.... but this guy was on his own program screaming (not yelling) from the highway at people in the parking lot. He was on a walking circuit around the place. I figured he might work for a rafting company (as a driver) and think he's a bad ass or something. I kick myself for not bringing it up to the attention of the Rangers at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts