Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey Scott, you don't know me but I post occaisonally over on the NPMB (ARzach). I'm leaving from Orange County, NY and heading to CO May 16th if you need a free ride for a CM to someone out in CO I could get 'er there for ya.

--Zac

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ditto what Vince said about the Pintail. Also, I think I'd like to try out the Critical Mass. I have a creeker in fine shape right now, but I'd be in a position to buy if the boat really impressed me. I like the length and continuous rocker, a lot. I'd also want to put that hatch through the leak test. Lastly, cockpit size, ease of exit, and comfort are something I can't tell if I like until I've sat in the boat, so I think demos are the only way to achieve that.

Curious about that hull-ring, too. Does it completely obviate the need for a pillar? Does the regular pillar come as stock? Also, from the website it looks like you have two choices for backbands, one free and the other, a higher performance one is extra, am I interpreting that correctly? I guess I wasn't clear if everything in the picture comes with the boat unless it has a price next to it (e.g. - are grab handles extra? whats the difference between the stock ones and the safety handles?)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lots of options now for these boats. This was done as a way to get a boat range that went from the original, loaded up, shipped right to your door from Italy version at $1400 (called the Elite series) to a stripped down, basic version that comes standard with bow/stern foam pillars, a rotomolded seat, two grabloops for only $799 , then you buy/add accessories as you see fit. We made such things as the backband and footpegs extra options (not included) because we had lots of feedback from people who wanted to get a cheaper boat and said that they had an old backband or a favorite brand of backband that they want to add to a new boat, and about 40% of our customers removed the heelsled (footpegs) thingy and just put foam in the bow of the playboats anyway.

you can click open this links page, then click on the "performance details" to see a rambling explaination for each boat

.DragoRossi Total Whitewater Fun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts