Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my coworkers is working on a river improvements project and the plans include putting in a whitewater feature. Who are some good WW park designers to tell him about?

Thanks,

-AH

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mcpherson Engineering,
I believe they did the olympic park on the ocoee, confluence park in denver as well, I could be wrong but i think they also did the park with a built in conveyor in the DC area-virginia..

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Didnt Lacy and crew do all the Colorado stuff? I would recommend them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ww

Nick Turner left River Restoration after Glenwood was designed and works for McLaughlin Whitewater now in Denver, they did the conveyer one the earlier post mentioned. I think it depends what you are designing for who is best. If it is a small budget, organic-type park then Mike Harvey or River Restoration may be the best. If it is a technical project with lots of engineering and the desire for a high performance feature then Nick and the others at McLaughlin Whitewater may be the best.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lacey did not do the park here in Durango and thank God he didn't! I like other stuff besides left handed cartwheels. Salida was completely homegrown just like our park has been. The park in Glenwood is sweet. Went there in June and it was off the f-ing hook. I think Scott Shipley will be doing our park in about 2012-13, after the lawyers are done lawyering.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Lacey did not do the park here in Durango and thank God he didn't! I like other stuff besides left handed cartwheels. Salida was completely homegrown just like our park has been. The park in Glenwood is sweet. Went there in June and it was off the f-ing hook. I think Scott Shipley will be doing our park in about 2012-13, after the lawyers are done lawyering.
REP is Lacey's company - Shipley works fom them. REP designed and maintains the Salida park....as far as I know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts