Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to make a list of all of the Heavy Duty cooler manufacturers. The RotoMolded type that you would trust for big expedition raft trips. Maybe seperate them by country of manufacturer. Here are the ones I know of:

Yeti
Pelican
Canyon
Engel
Orca
Igloo
SCC I think these are Chinese

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Man.. thats funny. I thought you were joking so I ran a google search anyway and found em. Pretty good looking
You looked long and hard for a good looking ice hole

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw two pelicans today. One was a 65 and th other was a 95. The overall dimensions of the 95 were bigger than the Yeti 110, but with a lot less capacity. How is that possible? If the walls are that much thicker than the insulation must be better as well, right?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I realize some of the newer ones haven't been tested up against the Engels yet...BUT,
nobody has beat Engel in an ice retention test....YET. However, I'd love to see a USA made cooler beat 'em out!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Igloo Yukon

With my 120 qt. Yukon I had ice on the the 22nd day of 23 GC trip. Probably 40 degree water on day 23 at Pearce. Great cooler, don't know what problem seems to be for some users. Three inches of insulation in lid.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Check out blackrockcoolers.com
Are these blackrocks made in the USA? , I see frontier play selling them and they usually just slang the import gear for max profits. There are getting to be SO many cooler resellers with their own little name. I do like the option of having so many sizes out there. Now with a good selection of coolers being made in usa I see no reason to buy imported for around the same money.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts