Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer we were planning a White River trip and found out there was a riverside strainer about half a mile below Bonanza Bridge that would have required a lengthy, difficult portage, according to a shuttle driver I was speaking to. Anyone know if it’s still there? Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Last summer we were planning a White River trip and found out there was a riverside strainer about half a mile below Bonanza Bridge that would have required a lengthy, difficult portage, according to a shuttle driver I was speaking to. Anyone know if it’s still there? Thanks!
There are folks on that stretch right now. Maybe they'll post some information after they're off the river.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Years ago, I paddled Bonanza Bridge to Enron and have wanted to get back up that way ever since. I have time mid-July, but wondering if the White River will be too low by then. My one and only trip was early June.

Does anyone know what water levels are typically like in July on the White? Also appreciate any info re: current strainers and other obstacles.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Fish & Wildlife were just through that stretch (Bonanza to Enron) last week. Nothing bad. There's a river-wide log in a left channel just below Atchee Wash, but supposedly you can go right over it until it gets down to 500cfs or so. Below Enron to confluence also clear. Thanks to Brook at Ute Tribe for updated information.

However, water is forecast to rise, so wood may be moving, and there's a lot of it on the White.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts