Mountain Buzz banner

Which Pizza Oven

4958 80
Thinking about a Christmas gift for me...I mean my wife :) I saw that Solo Stove came out with a portable pizza oven and that got me thinking.. And then I starting looking and there are tons of them available! Oonie and Roccbox get good reviews. And it seems they are easier to use with better insulation then the Solo. And the Solo is a little small. ( it will take a ton of 12 inch pizzas to feed a big group) I want one you can add wood to obviously. But I wonder how hard some of these would be to pack on a boat? I know the solo would pack well, and I used a campfire unit each night on the grand. For those that say Dutch, I say this would be easier and pop out multiple pizzas of a useable size faster.
Reactions: BenSlaughter
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Personally I hate cold pizza. But would it be over board? Maybe...Someone steaming towels soaked in essential oils for the entire group this summer seemed pretty over board, but we all enjoyed it! I am leaning more towards the Ooni 16 as it would make large enough pizzas to feed a group. Keep in mind they cook in just a few minutes. In 10 minutes you could have 3 pizzas out! I just cannot wait to add Pizza as one of our meals on a Google Docs sign up sheet :LOL:

· Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
You need a separate boat outfitted as a chuck wagon! I’ll row it and load and unload it for ya but can’t make two recipes and both are hit or miss. But seriously just outfitter a cheaper used boat as a chuck wagon and have a buddy row it and bobs your uncle. Can bring two of them pizza ovens !!
That is part of my inspiration. I do not want a complete chuck wagon, but holly mother of....This dude on the Gates of Lodore trip I did this summer brought an entire chuck wagon. The Kitchen Box "Aka Big Bertha" had 3 Dutch ovens even. But ANYTHING you wanted to cook he had a tool or piece of cookware. But throwing in a pizza oven would just be a fun addition if someone else is bringing the primary kitchen set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts