Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

I am looking at getting my first whitewater kayak. I've done some rafting before, some river kayaking in inflatables, and a lot of practice in hard shells. But, basically, I'm still a beginner.

I should probably describe myself. I'm about 6 foot two, weigh ~190 lbs, have a 34 inch inseam, and have size 14 feet.

I'm looking at getting a creekboat or something similar. So far, my top choice is the Liquidlogic Jefe Grande. I've also paddled the Liquidlogic Remix 69 and 79 and liked both of them. I'm looking for something that I could take on a self-supported trip, so I've been looking at high-volume creekboats.

Any thoughts?

Miles W

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Everybody,

I am looking at getting my first whitewater kayak. I've done some rafting before, some river kayaking in inflatables, and a lot of practice in hard shells. But, basically, I'm still a beginner.

I should probably describe myself. I'm about 6 foot two, weigh ~190 lbs, have a 34 inch inseam, and have size 14 feet.

I'm looking at getting a creekboat or something similar. So far, my top choice is the Liquidlogic Jefe Grande. I've also paddled the Liquidlogic Remix 69 and 79 and liked both of them. I'm looking for something that I could take on a self-supported trip, so I've been looking at high-volume creekboats.

Any thoughts?

Miles W

i would highly highly reccomend a pyranaha karnali..large for sure..u might squeeze a medium..but a little extra volume wont hurt you..karnali is very forgiving and it has soft edges and to be honest best boat ive run in i thuink

·
Registered
189 Posts
try any of the big creek boats all have there perks, try as many as you can, most shops will let you demo boats. I personally love my Wave Sport Diesel has a nice edge and plenty of volume, great as a entry to creeking boat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts