Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is coming up to Colorado this weekend and wants me to teach him how to kayak. He is staying in Boulder and I'm from the Vail area so I am not familiar with the runs in that area, especially class I-II.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lagerman reservoir east of 63rd a few miles north of boulder. Boulder Res is hassle given need for kayak permits.

If he really is first timer then lake is best bet anyway. Takes a while to learn to paddle in straight line, forward/backward, various strokes. Let alone learning to roll.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lagerman reservoir east of 63rd a few miles north of boulder. Boulder Res is hassle given need for kayak permits.

If he really is first timer then lake is best bet anyway. Takes a while to learn to paddle in straight line, forward/backward, various strokes. Let alone learning to roll.
Lagerman is a good one. 63rd north several miles past Boulder Rez to Prospect, turn right to lake. No fees, no permit, few people.

Lagerman Reservoir

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
go to the deckers section of the south fork south platte.

chutes are class 3- everything above the chutes is class 1-2.

they will dig it.

put in miles above the chutes, all class 2 then he can run or not run the chutes. if he did well continue down tothe bridge.

best place you could go right now with a never ever.

safe fun easy. plus foxton right there for you to solo when ur done

·
Registered
92 Posts
We are going to float the South Platt Sunday morning from 470 to confluence if anyone wants to join. Will probably leave the 470 area around 10am.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts