Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the CPR and 1st Aid courses on the 12th and 13th in Estes from WildMed. Does anyone have any good camping/hostel/cheap motel/couch surfing advice for me? I don't have much extra cash after paying for the course, but would like to stay near Estes on the night of the 12th.

P.S. Is anyone else taking the courses?

·
Registered
118 Posts
If there is not too much snow, Pole Hill, left @ top of the hill out of town towards Lyons, is a good camping spot, 4wd needed. Slept in the parking lot of the Stanley last October.

Lots of other options around as well.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
All the hotel/motels in Estes are hideously expensive even in the off season.

Try Loveland, there's some really cheap hotels, kind of run down but cheap and it's only about an hour from Estes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm taking the CPR and 1st Aid courses on the 12th and 13th in Estes from WildMed. Does anyone have any good camping/hostel/cheap motel/couch surfing advice for me? I don't have much extra cash after paying for the course, but would like to stay near Estes on the night of the 12th.

P.S. Is anyone else taking the courses?

CMS runs a hostel/cabin that you can stay at. It is usually for peeps taking their courses but I have stayed there when I wasn't. Was pretty cheap and clean.

Nic

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's fun to stay at the...

YMCA I know rents out some decently priced rooms, especially in the shoulder season right now. also a disc golf course there too, might be worth checking into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts