Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down idaho at the begining of nov and was wondering where the best places to go would be? Is bliss wave in/worth it? Is anything still in on the payettes or salmon then? Guess I'm looking for some suggestions from the idaho locals.

·
Registered
21 Posts
well, thats tough, since most of the rivers in idaho are runoff. being so late in the season, paddling is kinda scarce. The Hells Canyon run of the snake is about medium flows right now, so theres that option. Bliss wave is pretty fun, but I'm not sure if its in right now. The Payette is usually runnable, but very rocky this time of year. with the water so low, the whitewater isn't as good. the main payette is runnable but low (class 2-3), south fork payette is low but runnable (class 3-4). its at about 500 cfs right now, and I've run it at about 600. just scout before running it. Leaving Facebook... | Facebook has some really useful flow gauges that are good to check out before they go.

(that's from my friend who used to live in Idaho)

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Hells is pretty big right now, 20K during the day. I was supposed to be on a trip this past weekend (missed it with a cold) and everyone ran the green room in Granite.

I recommend you post on the Idaho Whitewater site (yahoo), you'll get better info there, but they're not yakkers, which I'm guessing you are. There's another web group of yakkers around the Boise area, but I don't have any info for you. The idaho group might be able to point you in that direction. But, if Ted's awake/online he'll know where the water is.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Bliss is always in. It's a dam release.

If you're coming from Missoula, hit up Riggins. Tons of surfing options and at that time low elevation rain will have brought up the Salmon. Lots of different waves depending on levels.

·
Registered
125 Posts
murtaugh has been on the rise. I know it's been run/walked much lower but, 1200 to 1500 cfs (1800-422-3143 press #2 twice for the current flow) is pretty much your desired cfs level unless you enjoy paddling in the dark. Pm me if you need a good shuttle driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts