Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fortunately or unfortunately I recently bought a raft/frame and need the rest. Anyone know of a good place to find this stuff used?

Steve.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Raft...

Steve,

That's awesome now you can carry all my gear for my Upper A trip next season. Thanks. That's great. Too many plastic creatures out there anyway.

Heeheehee.

Next give these guys a call: AAA Inflatables 303-296-2444, and/or Down River Equipment 303-467-9489. If you something more detailed I can also get you in touch with Jack at Jack's Plastic Welding, or with Gator up at NRS. They can make just about anything you could need.

See you on the Animas -Don

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,461 Posts
it is very fortunate for you and your buddies that there is now a rubber cooler/naked hottie tanning bed in your fleet. check the used swaps on sites like nrsweb.com. throw down a google search and you will get some sites up. also you may want to contact some outfitters. often they will be selling old stuff that should work for you depending on what you are trying to get into with your rubber and how much you are going to use it.

·
Super Moderator
4,034 Posts
In addition to DRE and AAA, there's also Alpenglow in Golden where you can get a lot of raft gear and Chris may even have some used things for sale. As for a lot of other accessories, may want to put a post on the HCRR.org or PPRR.org websites or go to a meeting. Unfortunately the two main rubber swaps in the metro Denver area only have boats and frames but don't handle the accessories. For that you'll wait for the Alpenglow swap next spring.

Good luck and enjoy having those oars (& beers) in your hands!

--Andy

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Rafting

***News Flash***

Alpenglow is no more. They have been purchased by Christy Sports. So, I would expect that we've seen our last of the boating parts and pieces and be on the look out for patio furiture and mass blue light specials.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Raft Comapnies

As a raft guide on the Ark I know a lot of the raft companies love to get rid of used gear. Call the smaller companies first - Adventure Quest 888-448-7238, Performance Tours, Buff Joes, etc.

~Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated.
-Henry Rollins

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks for all the Beta. That is too bad to hear about Alpenglow... I hope Chris made out allright on the deal.
I've been checking out some sites.... rafting is expensive. But after you have kids it is inevitable that you have to purchase some rubber.
Don, I'll probably be riding the rubber curve for a while. So probably no Upper A support this year. It's the Grand in September :) At least now I don't have to sit in a Release the whole trip.
Come visit when its high.

Steve.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Rafting

Steve,
You'll ride that curve much faster than you think. Rubber is just fun. Sit higher, see farther, more use of rubber bumb spin, weighted highsides, Flippng, torn hyplon,... your'll have fun.

Upper A is just around the corner. I'll drive through the rapids, just tell where they are. Heehehe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts