Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need 2 Chihuahua PFDs by Friday PM and I'm working and paddling every day until then. I'm too cheap to pay $30 for overnight express from some online catalog.

Does anyone know where I can buy dog life jackets near Golden? I'm thinking the Bass Pro shop has them, but that is in Saudi Aurora.

Please don't suggest that I duct tape each dog to a milk jug because I love these little bastards.

·
Super Moderator
3,966 Posts
I think a standard domestic cat PFD would fit a Chiuahua. I've seen them and PFDs for all size dogs at Petsmart in Arvada, right next to Office Despot just north of I-70 on Wadsworth.

Downriver Equip. may have them also.

Good luck,

-AH

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bubble wrap and duct tape...as it has been know to save Chihuahuas lives from being dinner for a larger sized rainbow trout in the Roaring Fork Valley cause when the bubble pops it scares the fish...you might want to consider this solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think some CU kid tried to use Duct-tape and a refrigerator a few weeks back. Not sure how that worked as a PFD, but I think the police were impressed.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas.

PetSmart worked out the best for me. REI's dog life jackets look like the best quality but they cost as much as a Chihuahua mix does.

PetCo had one left and it was pretty low quality: overall cheap construction and it has a nylon mesh belly that smashes the dog's weiner. It is hard to get it on a Chihuahua without getting bitten.

PetSmart (6th and Wadsworth) had a ton of half decent ones that are easy to put on, fit well, and cost the same as the cheapos at PetCo (about $20 and change for the XS sizes).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts