Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a raft of friends on a private trip on Saturday, probably up to the Poudre...never been up there. What is the most fun day trip? Doesn't matter to me too much if there are a lot of people on the water. I'd feel comfortable reading and running some IV, but I don't want to have work to hard...

Paddle boat, no oars.

·
Registered
328 Posts
On your way up you'll see a dam as you come around a right hand curve, just up stream of this is your take out. This is the Bridges take out. Your put in is at a parking/camping area about 11 miles up stream just below the narrows, you'll know em when you see em. Watch for Pine View falls, it's worth a road scout though your options in a raft are pretty limited.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Upper and Lower Rustic may also be flowing this weekend. I wouldn't do it under 3 1/2 on the rock. Nice long day trip though.

·
Likes it wet.
295 Posts
The first "dam" below bridges takeout is fun... and it's kayak and raft-able. Look at it in the way up. But... the lowhead a 1/4 mile downstream from the first slide dam is a death trap at high water.

Check out Pineview on the way up for a visual on the level. THe large riverwide wavehole will come into serious play above 4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts