Mountain Buzz banner

Where can I go boating in March?

3K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  WillYates 
#1 ·
I'm gonna have some time off in March and am considering taking a 10 day trip somewhere. My thoughts are either going to the southeast--last year I did the Cheoah--or going somewhere more exotic like Peru. I'm not sure about logistics or flows if I do a more remote trip like that. Any insights are much appreciated.

#4 ·
March is fun here in Grand county Colorado. We have lots of powder days with Gore canyon and Byers canyon beginning to run. The Ark and the Colorado usually have some water. Minnesota has awesome creeking in March. Cali and the northwest is your best bet. Arizona looks sweet if you can catch the runnoff with some rain. Colorado is the best place to be all year. We have amazing skiing or kayaking everyday of the year.

#8 ·
For a 100% percent guarantee of water and more run choices then there are days in a month (2 months?)...Northern Ca. would be a great choice. From possible early Deer Ck/Mill Ck overnighters outside of Chico (I did a Deer run in the 1st week of April last year) to the Cal Salmon and the Smith in the NW part of Ca. and the Illinois in SW Oregon, this area would be a great choice for a March river trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.