Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can buy Urethane paint and how much paint I would need to cover a 13' raft and SB floor?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Look up zbaird on the buzz he can answer all your questions. I am going to do the samething with two 17 foot military boats I aquired, just have not had time, do to arm injury renovating a couple houses. He answered all my questions.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked Man of rubber and Maravia's web site. All I see is quarts of the stuff. Is a quart really enough to paint a boat?? My brain thinks not, but its usually wrong. I'll look up zbaird. Thanks Chris..

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Is a quart really enough to paint a boat?? My brain thinks not, but its usually wrong. I'll look up zbaird. Thanks Chris..
I'd say more like a gallon.....maybe two if you want good coverage. Are you planning to paint the inside of the tubes or stop at the chafe strip?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Be aware that the application of urethanes in any quanity other than patches generally requires the use of specialized spray equipment and facilities, I suppose this is why Maravia only sells their finish in small batches. To do an entire raft correctly, it is most likely a job for a pro unless one has an extensive working knowledge of these materials. As far as coverage estimates, you need to figure out the square footage, the required material thickness (DFT), the percentage of solids in the coating, overspray loss and then run the math to gain the material amounts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The River Connection link I provided above says 1 quart of the Inland Marine Liquid Rubber will "renew a 10 foot boat with a coating 5-7 mils thick when applied according to the easy to follow instructions. (If you can paint a wall, you can do this.)"

They make it sound pretty simple. No special sprayers or tools necessary. Anyone have any experience with the Liquid Rubber product?
Boat Protectant Liquid Rubber Inflatable Boat Care Hypalon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts