Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or has it already? I don't know alot about the drainage situation, but isn't some or most of the water in the RF pumped over the pass into Lake Creek? Our group ran Castle Creek into Slaughterhouse last 4th of July weekend and it was sweet. Was hoping to take a couple of others down it this year. If not, I may just have to nut up and run Lake Creek if it's mostly clear of wood.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lotsosnow

Snotel says theres no snow up there but I biked up to the Bells sat. and
East Maroon Pass looks like mid winter plastered in snow. Good level
now for slaughterhouse.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Cool. I was just going by the AW page. I wasn't initially aware that the gauge is upstream of major tributaries. http://www.americanwhitewater.org/rivers/id/417/

Is there a virtual gauge or something I can use to estimate whether the Roaring Fork is running? The alternative gauge listed on AW is dead. Any visual on Castle Creek? Think it will be running July 4th weekend?

·
Registered
96 Posts
all this hot weather has brought Slaughterhouse up to 1500, probably double what it was last week. It was pretty sweet. I have a feeling it's going to plummet within a couple days though, unfortunately.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Go to Phateye.com and click on FLOWS and then click Colorado. That will give you the flows you need. Or WTF... just click on FLOWS at the top of this screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts