Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we front-rangers only get to steal western slope agua for so long, so can anyone tell me when the BV boating season comes to an end? This month? This weekend?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I thought I heard 700cfs gaurentee through August 15th, then down to natural flows after that. So I would suggest getting there this weekend or next based on that (if my grapevine and buzz rememberence serves me correctly)

·
Registered
844 Posts
August 15 is what they say is promised, but not written in stone. That said in wet years it has run into September so who can say?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Ark flows

I read an article in the Mountain Mail that said they have already shut off the augmented flows. They transfer a constant 300 cfs through the Otero Pump Station to reservoirs on the front range. The article said they stopped the call for the artificial flows about 2 weeks ago. A member of the Arkansas River Conservancy says they will augment flows to 800 cfs at the Wellsville gauge until aprox. August 15th if necessary. As of right now they havn't had to do this, the flows currently are all natural.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The water flow announcements page for the ark is a great resource. It would be great to have that for all of the dam controlled flows and water movements. Beats having to call people up or waiting for posts on the buzz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts