Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, thanks for all the responses... I'm thinking the way to go is to try my best to extend my rowers compartment and eliminate the kick bar!

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Well, thanks for all the responses... I'm thinking the way to go is to try my best to extend my rowers compartment and eliminate the kick bar!
Sounds like a great choice !!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Will you ever run the frame without the drop floor? If so, I’d have a kick bar option to keep your toes from getting crunched under the dry box/cooler in front of the rowers compartment. Mine is 20.5”. I’m 6’, 32” inseam. I used to run elaborate setups but have found myself on more low water MFSs so my setup is simple and light. No more floor, no latch in captains boxes. When I need to carry more, I use side slings for rocket boxes in the rowers compartment. My boat is a 15’ Zephyr. My frame goes (bow to stern)-dry box or drop bag, short row for water jugs, rocket boxes, or chairs, cooler, rowers bay, dry box. Pretty flexible for carrying weight or going light.

Thought about a drop floor but don’t really see a need for me anymore. To each their own.

I think the umbrella off a kick bar in a short rowers bay could lead to some trouble.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The only reason I can think of to run split boxes instead of one big one is if you're going to put your kitchen in it and carry to camp - but please correct me!
My split boxes have the hinges on the port and starboard sides so they can be easily accessed from the cockpit or the front of the boat. One huge benefit to this is my kids (or other passengers) can access the snacks without my involvement. Neither of the split boxes come out of the boat at camp. My kitchen is in a separate dry box that I rig in my cockpit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Will you ever run the frame without the drop floor?
I think the umbrella off a kick bar in a short rowers bay could lead to some trouble.
I wouldn't run it without the captain's floor very often if ever... I do think that the umbrella off the kick bar in a shorter rowers compartment would be troublesome as well. As of now I'm leaning towards getting rid of the kick bar.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
I wouldn't run it without the captain's floor very often if ever... I do think that the umbrella off the kick bar in a shorter rowers compartment would be troublesome as well. As of now I'm leaning towards getting rid of the kick bar.
I don't know that I'd ever row my boat without the captain's floor, once I got one. I do know that I have no use for a kick bar at all.

Reactions: B4otter
21 - 26 of 26 Posts