Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so now that i am getting this rolling, I am wondering what everyones favorite gear is?? kayaks, life jackets, helmets, paddles, whatever!! What do you like using and why, and what places do you like buying from??? Looking to get some ideas from this, so thanks guys!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
my small shaft werner paddle since i have small hands - makes paddling so much nicer!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Best Gear:

Newest purchase: Astral Auquavest 300 - this thing rocks, lower profile so I barely notice it when I paddle, and the the setup is well thought out. The safety of having a rope on you, accessible, and instantly available is saweet. Plus all the attachment points, build in whistle, and the tow strap is so much better than the bungee ones I used in the past. Only complaint is it took a little to fit, and the knife mount works, but I would like to see another alternative placement.

Best purchase overall: Kokatat Rogue Dry Top - had my first kokatat drytop for almost 9 seasons with only one neck gasket replacement. For Colorado a high performing drytop is a must unless you shell out for a drysuit. Finally upgraded this year, the new version is even dryer and better fitting than my old. I will always have this drytop or the newest version of it.

I get gear everywhere, I do make a concerted effort try and support the local shop no matter where I am at when I can, but the deals you see on the internet make that difficult at time. My best advice is to work at a shop and get pro-deals :)

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
My flux capacitor, after that i would say the rogue, dry/warm is good.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My Pelican case which comes with me where ever I go. Usually filled with safety gear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Lotus Designs fleece top. Very well engineered. 200 weight pile fleece on the upper chest/arms, 100 weight on the lower arms and waist for so you won't get hot around the tunnel area, and capilene in the armpits for breathability. Can't beat it. Too bad it's no longer made.

·
Registered
354 Posts
FNA Full Face Helmut. Fits great, doesn't interfere with my line of sight and gives the confidence to take my shots and hit my roll anyway in the mankiest of the mank.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Gear

Ear protection of some kind. Plugs or my favorite a bomber gear tight fitting skull cap because cold water in the ear sucks.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Big D... that got quite a chuckle out of me...

Great response.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts