Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rock report is going down (2.2 to 1.8 but the guage is going up (422 to 603).

·
Registered
160 Posts
the ditch below filter plant was empty yesterday (and not the day before), putting that water by the gauge...

marty

·
Registered
676 Posts
could have gotten cold up high. joe wright could be running. chambers could be discharging. monroe canal could be taking water. seaman res could be spilling/releasing. lots of factors between the headwaters and the canyon mouth.

·
Registered
137 Posts
guessing...

If the gauge is going up, and the Rock Report is going down, then the likely answer is that the N. Fork of the Poudre is spilling strong, and the main fork is decreasing.

This looked to be true when I was up there the other day...

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Does anybody think the upper section of the Northfork will run this year?
Ya it should definitely be running this year. Our boy funkins has done some flyover's and I think he said he already saw that one flowing. I dont think this means that it will be kicked any sooner or anything. Just need to wait till they open the reservoir road...which was open by memorial day last year....it could already be open too I suppose. There is no snow down that low.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The poudre came way up yesterday and will probably climb even higher today. It was 2.8ish yesterday (5/16) at about noon.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ya it should definitely be running this year. Our boy funkins has done some flyover's and I think he said he already saw that one flowing. I dont think this means that it will be kicked any sooner or anything. Just need to wait till they open the reservoir road...which was open by memorial day last year....it could already be open too I suppose. There is no snow down that low.
Flowtorch, do you think you'll be running this sometime this year? I'd like to get in on that trip if so. PM me is interested. Cheers!

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Definitely. I was just talkin to another guy last night at the takeout about taking one for the team and goin to see how it's flowin and if the gates open...always ready for a change of scenery around here. With the warmth this week it outta be good to go soon. I'll keep ya in the loop for sure.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Schiz and Flow, count me in for a run on the UNFP.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
^^For shizzle. Will also be gettin some updates on the Little South this week. Dont forget that bitch got flossed over the winter.

·
Registered
490 Posts
^^For shizzle. Will also be gettin some updates on the Little South this week. Dont forget that bitch got flossed over the winter.
How come every post out of Ft. Collins has to bring up Leif's mom?
I deserve to get served for that one. Only met the guy once and cracking jokes that should be the reserved area for close friends. I'm so going to get it this season...

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
The road to halligan res. is open and it's likely boatable by now. Just sayin. bye.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts