Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I briefly scanned the "vote" thread and found, like I have seen here many times before, that some of you guys just keep insulting women.

You think you are so clever when you throw out these insults to other guys: "you are such a woman/lady/girl" "you squat to pee" "your wife/gf was licking my __" etc. One of my favorites that I still remember from years ago was when good old GE told me to "shut your cum dribbling lips" in a thread about rescue training.

Is it such an insult to be a woman (or somehow like a woman)? It's not only offensive, but hugely insensitive, esp. the sexual references. I believe the statistics are that 1 in 4 women is sexually assaulted during her lifetime. I'm sure the female kayakers who unfortunately are in that category love reading this crap.

Grow up and try to be a little more respectful. :evil:

·
Registered
882 Posts
When I lived out east and used to be a BT regular, I'd see posts every months about "How come girls who boat aren't interested in me?" Maybe there's a correlation?

Disrespect of any serious sort - sexual, politcal, religious, whatever - it has no place in the boating community -- our community.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Claire, In Re: to your post. I am truly sorry that you and all the other women on this board (including my wife) have to be exposed to that kind of insensitive and inconsiderate type of talk. That goes for this board and anywhere else. Shoot me an email. I'd like to tell you about something OT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On respect and Respecting women

"Disrespect of any serious sort - sexual, politcal, religious, whatever - it has no place in the boating community -- our community."

I agree wholeheartedly! I have a wonderful wife, and am blessed with her friendship! I can not imagine why any guy finds it necessary to be crass and crude, to any woman, except their own immature insecurity. You gals are the greatest and most wonderful blessing, so accept my apology for those men who have trouble expressing themselves in a more civil fashion.

As I said in my previous post on another thread, one of the main issues to me concerning the moral fibre of America, is the lack of respect for everyone, and everything. We protest our own rights, while trashing the rights of others, and by so doing fail to realize that we lose all respect, and self respect. Even the land and the rivers will eventuall eject us!

·
Registered
18 Posts
re apologies

My wife says I should leave it to the offending parties to apologize for themselves, if they are man enough!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mountainbuns,

I know that you were not refering to me when you used abbreviation esp. but for the sake of those who either skim or did not read your post throughly enough, I, esp, have made no comments that degrade or insult women.

I do understand your disdain for being on the recieving end of such comments. I would say, and this is not to make an excuesse, or an out for those that went too far, that it is probably more an issue of awarness, than it is true woman bashing, but I do not speak for the other posters who may have offended. Nor am I saying that because it may be an issue of awarness, that it is okay, any less offending, or less insensitive.

·
Registered
68 Posts
sorry

really sorry I called those guys ladies. That was a true insult to all women. I had no intention to offend anyone but them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think you ladies should grow some balls. Boohoo, you read something offensive....welcome to the internet. I'll tell you what, I'll apologize on their behalf when someone apologizes to me for Re-electing the biggest Douchebag in America.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agree it's probably more often an issue of awareness which is why I brought it up. The guys who just don't care, I expected the response they've given. The guys who just are unaware might now think about their choice of insult, especially if they like the idea of having more women in the boating community and on web boards like these.

I don't need to grow balls, but thanks for the suggestion. Sorry if you don't like a woman who says what she thinks and who actually does some thinking once in a while. Maybe when you grow up you'll realize that respect and kindness count more than puffing your feathers and needing to have the last word. Then again, maybe not.

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,257 Posts
Right
Dont be sexist
It pisses chicks off

·
Registered
882 Posts
"I think you ladies should grow some balls."

Uh....Claire is stout playboater and a class V creeker, one of the best women in the state, and I've seen her step up and run stuff that the majority of guys won't run. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And this is what you fail to see - it's not offensive only to women.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hey LSB, broads don't like to be called chicks.

Kidding. Claire, how's that job search going, you still in the front range or have you moved to Boise yet?

-d

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Livingston said:
Kidding. Claire, how's that job search going, you still in the front range or have you moved to Boise yet?

-d
Hey Darren, still here - defend my dissertation next week. I've been looking for jobs other places too, but do have an interview in Boise in Dec. Sounds like a cool job - Columbia River basin fisheries . We'll see...
Would you email me Matt's email address? ([email protected]) Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmm

gapers said:
I think you ladies should grow some balls. Boohoo, you read something offensive....welcome to the internet. I'll tell you what, I'll apologize on their behalf when someone apologizes to me for Re-electing the biggest Douchebag in America.
I was just wondering how you would suggest that women "grow some balls," as well as explaining why women, especially the ones on this website, had anything to do with voting that ignorant, right-wing, religious extremist, who is going to go after Roe v Wade as soon as he appoints judges to the Supreme Court, in to office AGAIN! AHHHHH, "The Horror, the horror." If ripping my eyeballs out could have prevented this I would have!

Snap out if it dude, try to keep your allies close. Don't be one of those testasterone ridden men who have no respect for women or anyone else for that matter. The breed of man that is ruled by his testasterone, inorder to f--- or fight the next thing in his way, instead of using your mind and self-respect to deal with the world. I want to believe that you are probably better than that.

Take care everyone,
MBK

·
Registered
745 Posts
Get over it already Claire

Jesus you are a bitter lady huh?We've said our peace to one another and have even paddled together....Don't bring me into your little thread about men insulting women,blah blah blah...Get over it Claire you obviously have a chip on your shoulder about being a class 5 woman in a primarly mans sport...If your gonna post shit be prepared for oppisition and people voice'n theirs...As for this attack,I guess if I had a chip on my shoulder about the above I would have taken it personaly and told me to F off and leave it at that...Now 4 yrs later here's the thread again...So get over it,cause I have'nt thought about it in many years....
Gary

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gary I didn't mean my post as an attack on you. I do remember your comment as particularly offensive, which is why I included it as an example of my point. It wasn't necessary to include reference to you with it, and I'm sorry I did that.

I believe we've bumped into each other about 3 or 4 times in the past. If you knew me you might realize that I'm not at all bitter. I don't believe the class of water I paddle has anything to do with my post. I posted now because it was an issue now. And not one that only I have noticed. I've gotten emails from both women and men who appreciated my post and who also hope some attitudes will change here.

Again, my post was not intended as a personal attack and I do apologize if it seemed that way. I simply wish some people were more respectful towards women and I expressed that - if that constitutes a 'chip' well it's one I can live with.

-Claire

·
Super Moderator
4,035 Posts
Hey Claire,

I agree with what you say and wish males (I won't call them "men")wouldn't use the female gender as a tool to insult each other. When a guy accuses another of feminine traits as an insult, its disrespectful of all women - their mothers and sisters included. I just pity the women in these guys lives if they have to deal with that kind of disrespect.

Good luck with the job hunt and hopefully I'll see you on the river again next season.

--Andy

PS - OT for Gapers about what you said - "you read something offensive....welcome to the internet." Why should we have to get used to lower standards of conduct and mutual respect the internet than any forum, including face-to-face? Is it because you can slam someone from the comfort of your own closet and therefore we should all accept that?

·
Registered
745 Posts
No worries

No prob Claire,I was just suprised too read your post as I thought we had gotten way past that time in history(and I know we have)...Glad too see you out paddling and getting some gradient in after your ordeal...Take care have a safe winter and be safe...
Gary

1 - 20 of 29 Posts