Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Beginner
2,468 Posts
The fact that you want to give up what seems like a sweet trip (2 armed powell) to become a moderator has me confused. Definitely not my priorities...so it goes.
I don't want to give up the trip. I want to be a moderator on sabbatical and return to rule with an iron first.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I second that it would be nice to have gear talk listed on the quick links on the left. I actually don't even know how to get to the gear talk forum.
If you click on "forum listings" All the sub' groups show up. There are only a few that aren't in the left bar to begin with. Seems like they would all fit there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Cherry creek canyon curry!

Well I'm going to share this with all you river buds and budettes anyway!
Heres a killer pre-made (almost) meal that will warm your belly on a cool nite! preped to the max, so you can spend more time hangin out down by the raft at cocktail hour and not in the kitchen!

So at home before you leave!
Cilantro lime infused rice!
Make all your rice ahead. fluff with fork (really inportant) run 1 bunch cilantro through juicer and squeeeezzz alot of limes, mix cilantro juice with lime juice and mix in with rice! Seal-a meal it, but don't take to much air out, it will squish the rice.

Prep a ton of your fav veggies,carrots, bell peps, onions,......
Seal-a-meal and no chop chop on river and less garbage...

Bring along Thai paste, bamdo shoots, bag of frozen peas, hearts of palm, coconut milk, chix stock........

Take chix breats, pound them out season with salt pep seseame oil and throw on HOT grill, remove cool down slice into bite size pieces and seal-a-meal.....

Now when you get on the river and its your nite to cook and someone comes up to you and says, How about a cargo-rita I'm making a fresh batch down on my raft! or a B and B!
You can throw every thing in a large heavy pot turn the heat on low, fill another large pot with water for heating sealed rice bags, use hot water for dish station later, and walk away for a bit!
Thats what I was after and only a seasoned river type would come up with that.
Cheers

·
Registered
381 Posts
now what? there's a recipe AND some advice on how to keep people reading your forum - maybe the thread should be duplicated and placed into both Support & Feedback and The Eddy - guess I'll head over to boatertalk and post on their main forum where my post will stay and actually get read, thanx

classic that the thread about moved threads would get moved

21 - 26 of 26 Posts