Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any durango boaters want to take two ashville boys down tomorrow? We would kill to get on it. If so post back or call 828-553-9331. We are in crested butte but will drive down tonight if we get a guide. Peace Gareth

·
Registered
36 Posts
you're a glutton for punishment, huh gareth?

Or was one skunking not enough for you?
It's raining like fucking Jesus in east/mid tennessee. hope you get on the Valle. By the way, I lost the number you said you called form, but the dude who took me down it lives in Knoxville. Good luck
Matt

·
Registered
123 Posts
Vallecito Flows

Would personally recomend 2.2 when you put in on the new gauge for your first run down it. A little softer is a little nicer for me. Too a point, the bigger the better in there :twisted: The majority of us locally cut it off at about 2.1, 2.0. Its gettin pretty freakin low for my taste. Some jonsers go mank down it with 1.7-8 but not a recommended first time flow.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Warren,
Well, well, well. I was going to invite you up to BV for a Lake Creek session, but since I see you have become a "high-water snob" I will refrain from asking you.

Oh, BTW, the second hole on the Brains is much easier to skirt at this level. :wink:

See you around
Mark

·
Registered
123 Posts
USGS

Definitely use the USGS as a basis but look at its trends. You may want to take a look at the visual gauge when you get there if you can for some real time data as it changes so rapidly. It is a USGS staff placed in the water after you pass through the horse fence. You will see a large fallen tree spanning Falls Creek off to the right just after you pass through the fence. Cross it and follow the trail down to creek level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts