Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the road going to be closed? Will I have trouble getting to the put-in around 10:30 tomorrow? Seems like there is always a lot confusion? Any info?

Race starts at noon at cable car?

·
Registered
71 Posts
they are asking that you dont drive to the put in, instead use the provided shuttle from pumphouse. check the website or facebook to read for yourself

·
Registered
134 Posts
^^^That's not really what LNJ asked. If it's like it has been the last few years, the put-in road will be closed. I thinks it kinda sucks because one of the best things about the gore "race" was all the non-racers in the canyon. From what I have heard, if you don't pay the $30 you ain't getting to the put-in between about 8am and 1pm on Saturday.

·
Registered
294 Posts
What he is asking is... can he get to the put-in with a shuttle driver instead of wasting 40 minutes going to the take-out first coming from Steamboat. I was about ready to run over the BLM worker that was blocking the road when no one was there, and we had a shuttle driver that was not running Gore. Every year it's a hassle for no reason! Sadly I won't be there today, but good luck to everyone. It was great last weekend!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've launched from the bridge over the Blue (likely private property and illegal so you might not want to listen to me) to avoid the race day cluster. Added more time than I thought it would as it "S" turns quite a bit in there. Maybe launch from the bridge over the Colorado instead?
-d

EDIT: Yep, so out of it with a newborn that I didn't realize I've already missed Gore Fest. Yeah.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts