Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious about start and finish of the Gore Race. Also, will there be a place for spectators/will people be bringing there significant others to keep my GF busy?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
People can hike up from the camp ground all the way to the top of Kirshbaum rapid. There's usually a raft ferry that takes spectators over to river right where they can hike up to Tunnel. I'm sure you can hike up even further but extraction from such distances becomes problematic and time consuming.

Most spectators that hike up will position themselves somewhere between Kirshbaum and tunnel.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Race starts at the gear up eddy and ends at the bottom of Kirshbaum (including that run out stuff after you feel like Kirshbaum is already over).

They have a raft @ Toilet bowl to ferry people across the river so they can get all the way to Tunnel. I hear there's so some rule about staying off the train tracks though: )

At these levels, I think Tunnel is going to be the carnage spot. Speaking of which, anyone have an idea where the level is going to land for the race? Fortunately it looks like it's coming up a bit today.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a worthy race, full face helmet worthy, might vomit by the end.

I would say toilet bowl could be quite rowdy for carnage, especially if you get beat down at Tunnel.

·
Banned
678 Posts
Yeah, that sucked on my part. I just saw so many "Bailey Fest" updates I just assumed this was something that wasn't posted here. Going tomorrow to watch the races....should be sweet.

:beer: on me if we get to paddle one of these days. :D

No worries, snuck up on me too. Woulda loved to go watch but I'm working all weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts