Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This much snow and 50's and sunny by Sunday into the new week, some of it its gotta make its way into the rivers....

Who thinks what or says not at all?

Confluenza has to be a good bet.....

49 in Bailey on Sunday and like 4 feet up there, maybe the North Fork?

The hills holding the headwaters for the Ark and Clear Creek have gotten pounded as well maybe we can get lucky?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Doubt anything will get going. If 1-2" of rain dumped over the front range, I'd guess that things would run. Snow is a different story. Snowpack will melt much too slowly to get anything running. Its freezing at night and cool during the day with low angle sun, not conducive to a quick melt.

Confluence will likely get a little more flow, but not likely to see the big flows that are really fun.

Look at it as a good start to the snow year!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Another bet for no runoff. If you want water, go south, and if you do, tell me about it so I can come along.

I don't think we're supposed to get anything from this SLC storm either. That's why Alta/Snowbird get like 2000000000 more inches of snow than most of the mountains in CO do.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Go on up to Fort Collins and play on the wave in town. It's running 430 right now but that's coming from a release no the snow melt.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Cherry Creek was runnable today ,will run at least a couple drops tomorrow if it's still going.12 to 15 II - III+ drops[ mostly II's],a half ass play spot or two if it's high enough,one good boof spot.Low quality run but ;warm,
in town, simple logistics,something different,not missing something better like you normally would be if it was running.Dam to University.Clear Creek and Bear in town probably are doable.Real Bear Creek could get up to 100 +,maybe,a lot of snow up there.Some warm days this week.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Would be happy to run it with you,but it went down to 154 .Was almost 300 Saturday ,only low 200's yesterday,looked higher.3oo is pretty good ,175 isn't the good drops are ridiculously manky and not that fun.Probably spent,unless the dam releases.When it warms up this week maybe something near the foothills will barely go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts